Correx

Hi Tosh

Yes, I've used Correx for modelling,  have made or flown a couple of models made entirely from Correx, notably the Mugi, which I electrified way back in the day and a less successful design called the Yorkie. Morgan Wood, the designer of the Mugi had a range of his own designs, including a Hurricane and some other sports models that he took around the fly-ins in the early noughties. I still have my e-Mugi, but the Yorkie has long gone.

Also very useful for winglets, some tail surfaces - you can reinforce Correx with a carbon rod inserted into the flutes, make a super simple hinge line by just slitting one side of the flute and leaving the upper surface intact.

Lots of other  modelling  uses - I've made battery cooling tubes, use Correx as a sacrificial surface for building boards, line the walls of my model storage racks and made a lightweight canopy over the top to keep the dust off. Marvellous stuff. ?

YORKIE2.JPG

MUGIS.JPG

DSCN1206.JPG

mugiwarbirds.jpg

mugihook1.jpg

mugic.jpg

As for pros and cons for small model use - Correx is virtually indestructible, though a little heavier than depron. If you are intending using the design techniques of folding and tape wrapping it needs a different methodology than depron, but that is compensated for by it's bounceability. I'll have to bring the e-Mugi out of retirement - the transparent Correx of the original means it could be illuminated with high intensity LEDs and Morgan used to slope soar his at night -resulting in some interest from the local newspaper. ?