Hi one and All. Help with Frsky Taranis X9 lite S please.

David A Sutton

David, assuming that you have one, or more, EU/LBT X8R receivers, are you able to bind to them successfully using both the internal (built-in) t/x module and the external module - individually of course, not both at the same time!

Hook up some servos to check that you get the expected output.

If so then that would at least demonstrate that you haven’t screwed up your radio.

Let know, GDB

David, do you know anyone else who has a Taranis of any type who could have an overview of your system? It sounds like either your haven’t got it configured correctly, or you have faulty equipment.

If you let us know whereabouts in the country you are there may be someone near you who could have a look at it with you.

GDB

25 minutes ago, Caveman said:

David, do you know anyone else who has a Taranis of any type who could have an overview of your system? It sounds like either your haven’t got it configured correctly, or you have faulty equipment.

If you let us know whereabouts in the country you are there may be someone near you who could have a look at it with you.

GDB

I live just south of Worcester. towards Upton upon Severn... Would be grateful of any help. 

I bound my S8R to my Tx and no problem.

I am wondering, as my system is ACCST, have you got the right firmware in both the Rx and Tx. ?

ie - both on ACCESS (or ACCST) 

I wonder if it's possible to bind an ACCST receiver with an ACCESS  transmitter but not have servo output ?

My S8R does say ACCST on the case.

John

Edited by John Wagg

My rx that i have tried to control servos with is a X8R ACCST eulbt. my tx is also set to ACCST. also EU LBT

I'm about to trow it in the bin. I wanted to get into telemetry instead of using my old Eagletree system, plug and play ..... But this is proving to be too too much.... 

even opentx, is mind boggling for this old fart... 

3 hours ago, David A Sutton said:

Ok, hooked up a RX, got the green steady light, 3 servos connected, Ch1 ch2 ch4 CH 3 being the esc. not a single movement on any. so looks like something with the radio. who knows lol....

Maybe an obvious thing but have you setup a model on the Tx and configured outputs?

Edited by Ron Gray

Please confirm you did bind the X8R to the Tx so you now have the green LED on solid.

1. If you turn the Tx off, does the Rx then turn the green LED off and start flashing the red LED slowly?

2. On the Tx, from the main screen, press the PAGE button (several times) to get the the "CHANNELS MONITOR" display. When you move the sticks, do the "bars" move?

Mike

52 minutes ago, Mike Blandford said:

Please confirm you did bind the X8R to the Tx so you now have the green LED on solid.

1. If you turn the Tx off, does the Rx then turn the green LED off and start flashing the red LED slowly?

2. On the Tx, from the main screen, press the PAGE button (several times) to get the the "CHANNELS MONITOR" display. When you move the sticks, do the "bars" move?

Mike

yest the rx led turns green and when the tx is turned off it flashes red. the channel monitor reacts with the control sticks..

Worth bearing in mind that when binding frsky transmitters I find the binder beep keeps going after the Rx binds. When the Rx bind light flashes red, switch it off, untick the tx bind menu option then switch the rx on. It helps to have a servo or 2 connected to confirm the bind after power cycling.

David really asking confirmation from others but would V1 or V2 firmware have an effect on Rx outputs ?

Also David very easy to have the servo plugs the wrong way up (been there-red face) but very unlikely if the supply plug is correct. (which it must be if the Rx has bound.)

https://www.frsky-rc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Manual/X8R.pdf

Edited by John Wagg
spelling

15 hours ago, David A Sutton said:

i find the menu to do this, but really with no written instruction i have no idea. i know that maybe sound silly but trust me, I'm a on paper instruction guy.

I sent you a link to a full set of written instructions earlier. There's 250 pages of detailed instructions available there.

33 minutes ago, Ron Gray said:

Did you buy the Tx and X8R Rx at the same time?

I've just helped a guy with a similar problem. New TX and Rx bought at same time from same shop, except Tx is 3-4 years old! Wondered why it wouldn't bind, the Tx needed a full software update.

David please accept my apologies if obvious - also I'm learning new things about FRsky and OpenTX.

The X8R is ACCST firmware. How have you got ACCST on an ACCESS transmitter ?

4th photo shows it's on internal module. 

Video V1 / V2 firmware :- 

Edited by John Wagg

19 minutes ago, Ron Gray said:

Not really, that just shows the system modules but another screenshot of the model setup  may help! (Similar to the one you did with the FC connected but this time with the X8R).

Your right but does show external module off. Previously though David does post about his external module. Trying to confirm that Rx and TX have compatible firmware. I would agree that only by refreshing the firmware's to the same protocol is the way to go. 

But to a new OpenTX user it can be a minefield.

Quote from John wagg

David please accept my apologies if obvious - also I'm learning new things about FRsky and OpenTX.

The X8R is ACCST firmware. How have you got ACCST on an ACCESS transmitter ?

4th photo shows it's on internal module. .....

As per pic, my radio has both protocols. Earlier I did say about an external module but that has long been put on the back burner.. 

I got the radio from Hobby fpv, the RX came from T9 hobby. after chatting with them to make sure it would work with my radio.

One thing I have picked up on here, What if the firmware or eprom has got a glitch? how can you reload these? Becouse to be hones, I have tride to get the tx to see the SD card for all the voice and other things. But for now I just need to get it talking to the rx, 

thumbnail2.jpg

thumbnail1.jpg

Its sounds to me like the FrSky firmware needs updating on the tx as you bought the tx and rx from different places. It could be your tx is old stock, as I have just come across with someone else, and needs updating. I would expect Hobbysport T9 will be a fairly recent rx, but just to be on the safe side it is worth updating both.

Never heard of Hobby FPV, is this a UK company? If not, it might not have the EU firmware on it.

1 hour ago, David A Sutton said:

One thing I have picked up on here, What if the firmware or eprom has got a glitch? how can you reload these?

Once again, look in the OpenTX written guide I posted the link for. It tells you in there how to reload the firmware.

• Like 1