Hi one and All. Help with Frsky Taranis X9 lite S please.

David A Sutton

Hi David,

I also welcome you to the forum.

What makes you think you might have to send it back?

The Taranis will work quite differently from your Spektrum but is much more capable once you get used to it. What system is it using?

I had one briefly but sent it back as it did not sit right in my hands.

Edited by Andy Gates
My rubbish typing

David, I’m a Spectrum user, moved over from Futaba just before Taranis arrived on the scene.

Different system, but nothing wrong with it. As my mate said, you an mix anything to anything else. Mind, don’t get cocky, he used to have engine off safety systems so complex he could not remember how to turn the power on..

I might be following you to the programming system, my transmitter is 10 years old now, might be moving on, but no rush.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well after a month of head banging against the wall door or even the floor. I'm no nearer to getting to grips with this T-Rex of a radio. I can not even get it to bind to any of the rx's that i have, even when following the instructions to the letter. the open TX program is basically of no more use than a wet piece of toilet paper. sorry to be so blunt but that''s how i feel about. Even after watching several U tube videos as suggest. none offer or seem to give any insight on how to do what should be a simple process. So maybe I should sell it and go back to flying rubber band models or control line...........very un happy Frsky taranis X9 lite S owner...... 

Morning

If you have Spektrum receivers, then you'll need a multi-protocol module (e.g. iRange) to allow the Taranis to bind, this will convert the RF signal to a type the rx can understand.

Without a module, what you're trying to do is akin to expecting your old DX to bind to a Futaba rx.  This is a hardware/RF limitation, not OpenTX.

I had a Taranis with an iRange module and it worked lawlessly with Spektum rx's.

Edited by GrumpyGnome

Ok, I guess I need to give more details rather than just ranting on lol.

My radio is a Frsky Taranis X9 lite S. I have the following RX's : X8R EU/LBT and for my drone flight controller, FRF3_EVO_Brush with on board rx operating Sbus.. I know the rx protocol on this flight controller is D8 but i have the Frsky XJT lite2.4ghz module .

My main problem is.. I can set the FC rx to go into bind mode, But my tx will not bind. even though i have the rf set to external module set to D8 and channel 1-8 it just keeps beeping as if looking for the rx.

Is there any way to do a full factory reset on the TX? just in case I have screwed something up on the radio....

Thanks

I have a X9D plus with a DJT module. I have to set the rf to external and then bind using the button on the module in the old fashion way. It seems that you access the binding on the lite via the tx menu in a similar manor to the internal on board rf module.

Edited by Wookman

19 hours ago, David A Sutton said:

Well after a month of head banging against the wall door or even the floor. I'm no nearer to getting to grips with this T-Rex of a radio. I can not even get it to bind to any of the rx's that i have, even when following the instructions to the letter. the open TX program is basically of no more use than a wet piece of toilet paper. sorry to be so blunt but that''s how i feel about. Even after watching several U tube videos as suggest. none offer or seem to give any insight on how to do what should be a simple process. So maybe I should sell it and go back to flying rubber band models or control line...........very un happy Frsky taranis X9 lite S owner...... 

Yes its quite a steep learning curve, but brilliant once you get there, and a rock solid radio.

Have you read this OpenTX documentation: https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=8724

I don't mean to be rude but are you sure that your FC is in bind mode?

The instruction manual states the 2 connectors on the lower left of the board (in your video) should be bridged, yours do not look bridged in the video although it is not clear.

From the manual...

"2. Jumped the two bind pins on the board and then connect the battery, the Blue led is solid."

I see your blue LED is flashing not solid.

Edited by Andy Gates

On 02/11/2022 at 19:10, Andy Gates said:

I don't mean to be rude but are you sure that your FC is in bind mode?

The instruction manual states the 2 connectors on the lower left of the board (in your video) should be bridged, yours do not look bridged in the video although it is not clear.

From the manual...

"2. Jumped the two bind pins on the board and then connect the battery, the Blue led is solid."

I see your blue LED is flashing not solid.

Andy, I dont think you are being rude. My problem is , After binding with those pins joined the light does go solide. remove the join and nothing is as it say's in the manual. Maybe I need to right down what and how i'm doing as sometimes my 67 years brain doesn't want to function properly either.'maybe some pictures would help better. I'll do that as I wasn't bold a few weeks ago lol....