Hi one and All. Help with Frsky Taranis X9 lite S please.

David A Sutton

OK, so if you have the X8R connected and you have bound it so that’s it’s got a green light and it’s configured in your photo

image.jpeg.c8aab4f9f0cb135ba85efb77b645f268.jpeg

and you still get no servo movements then I suggest that you flash the Rx with Mike B’s UNI firmware, look here for the thread.

When binding in ACCST, there is an option to set the Rx to output channels 9-16 instead of 1-8.

Perhaps try configuring channel 9 on the Tx to have a mix and see if the channel 1 output of the Rx then controls a servo.

One other question, while the servos are not responding, are they being driven to a centre position (so the Rx is outputting pulses)?

Mike

and so the complication goes on. sorry guy's I know you are all offering a great deal of help. I thought this would be a good rout to take in my rc hobby of many years. I thought wrong. Maybe it's a simple case of, you can't teach old dog's new tricks....

My rx was supposedly up dated to V2. but now it's said I need to down load another software to update protocol on it. does it ever stop with frsky equipment.

Mike. No movement what so ever on the servos. and I know they are all good as I have tested them on my spectrum system

David can you get other modes on TX?

Keeping ACCST can you change to EU/LBT or others beside D16?

P.S. I know how to update the X8R receiver but not the Access Tx. 

Mikes firmware program is better that FRsky's and automatically detects the signal type.

But if you can't get the X8R to work in the first place then I wouldn't attempt it.

Edited by John Wagg

1 hour ago, David A Sutton said:

Maybe it's a simple case of, you can't teach old dog's new tricks....

That’s a load of tosh David!

I know that it’s frustrating and from the forum’s point of view all we are trying to do is eliminate potential problems. The reason I suggested flashing the Rx with Mike’s Uni firmware is because it reduces the possibility of incompatible firmware versions on the Tx and Rx. If you’re not up for doing that pm me your address and I’ll send you an Rx that has been flashed with Uni to try.

On 06/11/2022 at 13:29, David A Sutton said:

Caveman. Ok, hooked up a RX, got the green steady light, 3 servos connected, Ch1 ch2 ch4 CH 3 being the esc. not a single movement on any. so looks like something with the radio. who knows lol....

Assuming this is now binding, have you actually set up a model in OpenTx? You will not get any servo movement if you haven't set up a model. The Taranis is different to other transmitters in this respect.

Key point for the OP - there are TWO lots of firmware on your TX, but to remedy this issue you only need to update one of them…

1) OpenTX firmware - this is the software that runs the transmitter interface itself, including mixing, mode selection, model selection, switch setup, rates and expo etc. Other than providing a front end for selecting which module should be used and initiating binding, it is nothing to do with the RF side. You should not need to update OpenTX in order to address this issue!

2) RF firmware - this is the firmware on the receivers and in the transmitter module itself, and determines the “languages” that the TX and receiver use to communicate. Crucially the recovers and transmitter must both be running the exact same version to guarantee best performance. A mismatch of RF firmware between your TX and RX is almost certainly the cause of your issues here.

The best way to do this is to flash both the RX and TX at the same time with the same version. @Andy48’s guide will be of great help with that, or watch a Painless 360 YouTube video on how to do it. Also remember that whilst some Frsky TXs only do transmit protocol (I.e ACCST), many others are capable of ACCST and ACCESS, so you need to select the right protocol that matches your RX at binding time. 

Edited by MattyB

15 minutes ago, Ron Gray said:

Hence why I suggested the Uni firmware!

Agreed, nothing wrong with your recommendation. My post was just there to clarify the fact there are two types of firmware in a Frsky TX; I’ve lost count of the number of threads posted all over the web from Frsky newcomers who endlessly flash OpenTX versions to their transmitters expecting it to address an RF firmware issue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MattyB said:

I’ve lost count of the number of threads posted all over the web from Frsky newcomers who endlessly flash OpenTX versions to their transmitters expecting it to address an RF firmware issue.

Totally agree and I hope that the Uni firmware will considerably reduce the firmware 'confusion'!

Anyway if the OP gets in touch I've offered to send him an X8R with the Uni firmware in place, at least that will eradicate one potential problem!

Edited by Ron Gray

6 minutes ago, Ron Gray said:

Totally agree and I hope that the Uni firmware will considerably reduce the firmware 'confusion'!

Anyway if the OP gets in touch I've offered to send him an X8R with the Uni firmware in place, at least that will eradicate one potential problem!

Not if he hasn't set up a model in OpenTX it won't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

well. I decided to take a day off from trials and tribulations of technology and wet a few maggots,. 

Just reset up the tx/rx and as you can see in the video. all working. Now it could be put down to several things I dont know, but ill go with the fact it now works.

I never updated the rx or tx. This was what I think was my problem.  X8R-EU version only works with FrSky Taranis X9D Plus-EU version/XJT-EU version in D16-EU mode.

Not 100% sure but maybe a little bite of ID10T error. lol

so now onto the next. but I'll try to figure that one out in a day or so.

thanks again for all the help very much appreciated, especially Ron Gray, for the offer you made...

• Thanks 1