Seagull Seafire artf

SiBee

Yes I have but only about 2mm, so I stuck another 5mm of ply under the mountings which only just gives enough play, I don't know how the original wheels will fit as they are 3mm bigger and 2mm thicker, unless you grind ( sand ) the 'tyres' down,.

the flaps were fitted using the flat plastic hinges fixed with a drop of cyano and powered by two Corona 939MG servos, the Ailerons were fitted using sanded down ( for grip when gluing ) and a drop of Robbe silicone oil to keep the epoxy out and nice and free, Futaba  S-U300 fitted, wires everywhere but that is for tomorrow all will be soldered, I don't like servo plugs rattling in the wings so they will be soldered to a  Multiplex plug to dismantle the wing.

hinges.jpg

wing wires.jpg

Edited by Paul De Tourtoulon
Ps servos mounted with differential throws.

11 hours ago, Jon - Laser Engines said:

although it would be more work are you able to make the gear swing back like on the full size? I dont know if the spar is in the way

To much bother, if it was winter and un-flyable and I had read a build like mine on the Seafire I would probably have fitted the retracts like the real one,

at the wheel end you can cut the hole back 23mm, if this helps the next builder.😇

A quick test on Y leads of the servos on a Futaba 617rx, I did this as at the model field a couple of club members have had problems with two rtf Epp

Cub type models on dare I use the word, spectrum radios where the just wont work on Y leads one would jitter all over the place ( nothing to do with Bill Haley )

needing a separate channel for each flap and ailerons.

I use y leads all the time as its simple and it works. I do however avoid y leads that have a soldered joint wrapped in heatshrink as these are very easy to damage. I look for the type with a solid plastic block around the Y as this support and protects the joint from being damaged. 

Bad type 

image.thumb.png.10cdbff0a442d6d7e2b5beea92e24571.png

good type

image.thumb.png.498277031f1cd41c19fa06f9e8329f28.png

The solid block prevents the two arms of the Y being tugged apart, cracking the solder. 

• Like 1

All the extensions are soldered, maybe one of my own Y leads for the retracts, the wires will be collectively soldered to the Multiplex 6 contact plugs so no Y leads for the flaps or ailerons, I was getting the wings ready to glue together ( PU glue ) when I noticed tome marks on the film on the extrados where the aileron servos are, bumps where the servos are, when the glue is hard ( tomorrow ) I will have a look to see what part is touching and rectify them.

bumps.jpg

I just read the instructions, 4 spectrum A6330 servos for the wings, they are too wide and at silly prices  🤢

A reminder to do a radio check engine running, an Extra 260 of around 2.2metres with it's Dle 55cc engine went haywire after take off

yesterday and luckily it didn't injure anyone just itself, a total right off and no I wasn't there to check it 😇 I was riding my motorbike in the hills,,,

26 minutes ago, GrumpyGnome said:

That's really bad practice - an expensive lesson learnt.  Hopefully damage was limited to just the model.....

Pride and temper,,,I was told at the model field today that in the week he was flying his 800 class electric helicopter inverted, the motor stopped and he did a half flip and suddenly the motor re started nothing broken not enough of a lesson, 😮

I flew my Enya 120 4c 3 flights and way too much power so I think that I am going to settle foe a Saito 82b at  300€ over here The 100 seems as powerful as the Enya so probably overkill..,,,

Sorry but Brexit is too much hassle for a Laser,,, sorry Jon.

😵Look before you leap !🤢, I jumped the gun 'again' and cut the wheel fairings on the lines, as you can see 'if' I had left another 4mm I could have fixed ( with some reinforcement ) to the screw on the bottom of the leg, the so call fixations for them are four crude lumps of wood, I have a lump of plastic ( no 3D printer ) so a bit of cutting work to be done.

20221031_153816-2048.jpg

Edited by Paul De Tourtoulon
think carefully before answering

I picked up a Saito FA 100 for a 100€  as usual he couldn't start it so I said I would have it for 100€, he took it out of the plane on the spot, It has been repaired my me a few ( 3 ) times in his crashes and it doesn't have a silencer,,,

Here is the french modiste at work,🤣

I flew my Skyraider today, Marine K & B with the pylon racing Perry carb.

Pierre.jpg

skyraider.jpg

Yes but it's an artf, I just can't be bothered,,,

I am Stripping the Saito down, the main needle valve was really bent obviously from another crash and full of 'bits', straightened out on my small lathe with the help of a blowlamp and cleaned out, valve gear next and a trip to a friendly neighbour model friend to open out my OS  silencers to the 12 x 1 thread for the Saito.