Low wing kit or plan suggestions.

David Davis

I have taught my protegé Frans how to both build and fly. He started with a three channel vintage model but now he can manage the club's four-channel ARTF Boomerang. He is not interested in ARTFs but would like to progress on to a four channel low wing model, so I was wondering whether there was a kit or plan which you could recommend of a low wing sports model which would be suitable for his level of experience. Frans is an exclusively electric flier if that makes any difference.

Mike Delacole's Rival. Lighter simpler Wot 4 sort of thing. Outerzone plan, or Sarik sell a “proper” plan. Nice flyer. Built for IC, but conversion easy, suggest you increase length of nose by an inch to sort our CG for the lighter electric motor

The Rival would be a good plane to build but of course it's high wing.   If low wing is required then Peter Miller's  Hounddog, Ohmen or Oodalally (  he has just shown an electric version recently )  would seem suitable.

Ben Buckle have a plan for a Low Wing Super Sixty which might suit and it's a bit larger.

What about a retro aerobatic design like a Kwik Fli from Hanger One or download the plans from Outerzone.

Or how about a Cloud Models Skydancer or Bullet?

Most of the older era aerobatic designs make great first low wing designs, another is the New Era series.  These are easily converted to electric and 4 max has good set up examples to help pick the right motor and esc.

Another possibility is a Gangster perhaps?