Wots Wot more difficult to fly than a Wot 4 ?

I’m just started flying a Wot 4 mk 3, having passed my A test last year on a Tundra & Uno Wot.

I have a Wots Wot kit (bought many years ago) which I would like to finish but am just wondering whether I ought to gain some experience with a low wing model before attempting to fly this. Not really sure how much more difficult a Wots Wot is, compared with my current Wot 4. Would plan to initially set it up for mild performance. 

Any views on this ? 

Advert

Biplanes are not necessarily more difficult to fly but they are certainly different from single-wing aircraft. 

But that's the beauty of the hobby/sport.  Each type of aircraft handle differently and it is fun to explore the envelope. 

Biplanes soak up power, and they are not renowned for their gliding capabilities, but the aerobatic ones enjoy being tied in knots, plus they have a brilliant characteristic of being able to make landing approaches at slow speed but with a high rate of descent. 

Build it and have some fun. 

Not had a WOT 4, but really liked my electric wots wot. Not difficult to fly and was a lot of fun while I had it (sold on). 

Just two things - totally rubbish design to retain the battery with the keyhole and Nylon screw. easily fixed with one of these image.png.447e09af21076af4ad5047a1bd8de6f7.png

When I spun mine (on purpose) do it three mistakes high! First mistake was mine did not roll in to the spin, but spun flat, second mistake was remembering to nose down and apply power, then correct the spin and pull out, third mistake circle around, land and have a cup of tea!

Well recommended as it is different to fly and will give you more experience with a different fly characteristic model....then look for a DR1 😉 

I have a mk2 Wot4 converted to electric and an ARTF balsa Wots Wot with electric. Both steady fliers unless you use large control deflections. My Wots wot seems quite slippery and floats surprisingly well on landing. As stated above I changed the battery fixing, partly because I use the batteries on another plane and didn't want to attach ply plates to the batteries, and partly from 'bad news' picked up on this forum. I fitted a permanent ply plate in the fuselage, increased the size of the opening in the bottom of the fuselage to improve access and use velcro straps. It meant making a new hatch cover for the larger opening, but I like it!

Wots Wot is a superb flier, you can dial the controls to make it as responsive as you like. No bad habits and easy to land. Mine is IC with a thunder tiger 75FS in it, a very nice combo. If you can fly your Wot 4 you'll enjoy the Wots Wot, the only downside is it takes longer to assemble/disassemble.