4 stroke plugs

Martin  McIntosh

My Father in law Jack was also a modeler and once asked the local dealer for advice on glow plugs the dealer stated that a certain brand was good as he sold lots of them, The reply from Jack was if he sold lots then they did not last, he would rather buy the ones he did not sell many of! If the plug is a good quality and the engine run well then the plugs should last. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

image.jpeg.736538bd8f395a334e08efd165ccfceb.jpeg

72% Nitro!! Given that there would presumably have been say 20% oil, that’s not a lot left for the methanol.

At least this is one engine that could reasonably be named a “nitro” engine, unlike the normal glowplug engines that seem to be annoyingly referred to a “nitro” nowadays.

Brian.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RottenRow said:

image.jpeg.736538bd8f395a334e08efd165ccfceb.jpeg

72% Nitro!! Given that there would presumably have been say 20% oil, that’s not a lot left for the methanol.

At least this is one engine that could reasonably be named a “nitro” engine, unlike the normal glowplug engines that seem to be annoyingly referred to a “nitro” nowadays.

Brian.

I used 55%  Nitro in my OPS spp rear fan .40 with a modified Micro mold fan to get my LMC Mirage off of the ground, (1984) it took one OPS gold plug the most expensive cold plug that the sold to tune in the engine, and a new one for a 5-minute flight.

Yes, when I spoke about YS and plugs I was not talking about a day to day cooking engine like a Merco maybe, but a powerful job designed to do a particular task on high nitro, which they do very well; just wish that I could get cheaper plugs. Ordered a couple of OS F ones from ebay at £28 for spares since I have a lot of four stroke motors.

10 minutes ago, Ron Gray said:

I would guess that it’s a very, very small market.

Yes they are rather small, 😄, I got 20 for our club last year and only 4 or 5 fly IC Methanol, but multiplied by the number of flyers it is worth a try especially as they are tooled up and have the know how, they do sell fuel, and it is the same market.