Cocklebarrow Farm Vintage Fly-In.

Every summer three events for vintage models are held at Cocklebarrow Farm, Aldsworth, Oxfordshire.This year the dates are: 16th July, 20th August and 24th September.

I plan to go to the August event and fly my Big Guff, Super 60 and Guidato. I may even take my Roy Scott BE2e even though it's not really a vintage model.

Is anybody else going?

Gueret Fly-In Oct 2021 (3).jpg

Super 60 nearly finished..jpg

Nearly Ready (2).JPG

BE2e Sunday 9th April 2017 No 1.php (Small).jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately the organiser of the event is not well so there is a possibility that Sunday's meeting will be cancelled. He has asked me to contact him on Friday evening or Saturday morning 18th and 19th August. I will advise once the situation becomes clear.

The weather forecast is looking good.

Edited by David Davis 2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, David Davis 2 said:

Unfortunately the organiser of the event is not well so there is a possibility that Sunday's meeting will be cancelled. He has asked me to contact him on Friday evening or Saturday morning 18th and 19th August. I will advise once the situation becomes clear.

The weather forecast is looking good.

Wish him well please David.

I know setting up the field takes time and effort and appreciate all that's involved.

We have booked so will be down in the area anyway.

John.

I went to the Cocklebarrow Farm Vintage Model Fly-In yesterday. It was fairly breezy but I managed a flight with the Big Guff, pictured above, which Mark Robinson filmed. A few showers arrived later in the day so most of us left early. Nevertheless about thirty of us actually flew. I've attached a few pictures of the event.

Cocklebarrow 2023 (1).JPG

Cocklebarrow 2023 (2).JPG

Cocklebarrow 2023 (3).JPG

Cocklebarrow 2023 (4).JPG

Cocklebarrow 2023 (5).JPG

Cocklebarrow 2023 (6).JPG

Cocklebarrow 2023 (7).JPG

• Like 3

After a slight CG adjustment on my Scorpion on Sunday all test flights are now complete & it's all ready to go for the meet up

up in September @ Cocklebarrow ,, Really looking forward to it

nnnn.jpg

Edited by GaryWebb
  • Like 4

• 5 months later...
21 minutes ago, David Davis said:

Sorry to hear this news.

If someone

23 minutes ago, David Davis said:

Sorry to hear this news.

If someone were to make a list of what is available, I feel sure that it would spark some interest.

were to make a list of what is available, I feel sure that it would spark some interest.

Thank you David. Unsure if this is the correct place for the list but here goes:

Shrimpo, Ranger, Phoenix, PeeWeePal, Coquette, Powavan, JodelD9 Bebe, Issacs Fury, Creep, ABC Robin, Mallard x2 

and 3 gliders

My father was a aircraft design engineer so these models are built to a very high standard. I have many photos of the planes in construction and in flight and original plans.