Forum problems

As far as I can tell the forum is "free for all to use".

That means that with the exception of "subscribers only" content, anybody can view it.

It is therefore understandable that Mortons will use the forum to persuade people to subscribe to their magazines.

The only other way is to make the forum subscribers only, for which we would have to pay for. Obviously. 

I don't like the pop up adverts, but it is better than just having the BBC to watch.   :classic_wacko:

3 hours ago, Ron Gray said:

It's been recognised as a fault!

Ron.

I was not commenting on the current fault.

I was giving a reason why Mortons would want to embed adverts in the threads.

If they are changing internet providers, then be prepared for more disruptions.

I have yet to see (ever) any computer system change without without the "oh, we didn't know (think) that would happen".

:classic_smile:

Been on here a few years now, been in modelling a lot longer, shops/suppliers/kit makers have gone, numerous mags as well, plus numerous forums, any change that may come I think would be small, forum users input has been received in a positive way everytime. RCME adds on their own platform ? Small price to pay If it's here to stay.

9 hours ago, RedBaron said:

Hmm sufficiently long that one needs a lawyer but does appears to say that one does not own what one posts.

Luckily I always compose off line and only post a copy of my protected rights original information

Yeaaahhhhhh.  I think section 3.2 of the Terms trumps that.  But I'm not an IP lawyer.

3 hours ago, kevin b said:

I have yet to see (ever) any computer system change without without the "oh, we didn't know (think) that would happen".

Having spent the last 25 years in software development (mainly as a product development manager) I know exactly what you mean!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Fry said:

But in fairness to Morton’s, I bet they don’t have product development managers. I have a little mindworm that suggests Kevin and sidekick. Slightly annoying, like a ditherer driving ahead of you, but not worth ramming. 

What's wrong with Kevins ?

R.jpg

• Haha 1