Forum problems

Hello, I am currently describing the build of a Messerschmitt M23 by Tom Newberry. So far no comment, am I doing something wrong?
Greetings Bernd

On 25/07/2023 at 18:29, Bernd Lewerenz said:

Hi together

I "m Bernd from Germany and I am currently building a Messerschmitt M23C by Jim Newberry.

I have a milling parts kit from Sarik and have started building the fin.The parts fit great and the tail was built quickly

20230719_101727.jpg

2 hours ago, Bernd Lewerenz said:

Hello, I am currently describing the build of a Messerschmitt M23 by Tom Newberry. So far no comment, am I doing something wrong?
Greetings Bernd

Personally, I regard build threads as the "property" of the builder, so don't tend to comment unless the builder asks for opinions, or theoretically - I suppose - I see something going wrong. 

It's all about balance I suppose, however I find build threads that are populated only by the builder are easier to follow. However some I've read where the builder asks for opinions become useful repositories of knowledge.

Not sure why, however I hadn't seen it before, possibly missed it as I only look through new posts - and do sometimes miss things. I'll be following from now as I have my first "warbird" in the queue.

I see you are picking up "likes" so the thread does have readers!

Unlike some previous occasions when the inserted adverts were for all kinds of things unassociated with aeromodelling, the current adverts all appear to be for RCM&E... subscriptions, back issues etc.

This can't be just a coincidence; the tech. team must be behind them, surely.

Just saying....

Brian.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty certain that you’ve answered your own question there Ron!

The ads for RCM&E subscriptions etc. can’t be there in error or caused by any third party involvement. At least it isn’t the previous advertising that we were getting a couple of months ago for all kinds of random things. The “techies” were probably experimenting at that point.

Unfortunately, the current ‘in forum’ ads are not detected by adblockers (not by mine anyway) unless you individually select each ad in each thread.

It is RCM&E’s forum and they are free to post adverts as they feel fit (within any legal constraints). Ultimately each of us must take the decision whether the thread content justifies the nuisance caused by the ads, and then either continue or stop reading.

Brian.

• Like 1

Hmm, I don't suppose InVison software will come cheap

The overall reviews of InVision are not outstanding

And Quoting from InvisionCommunity

"The best platform for compelling community experiences"

Not sure that I want to be compelled

Previously I had thought that it was the website content that was compelling not the vehicle for the website

Who owns material that we post on this Forum?