SLEC Hatch Catch

Anybody used the SLEC 1/4 turn hatch catches, need a secure hatch catch for my flying boat where the hatch is just in front of the propeller. Don't want to use the spring type hatches as the slot would let in some water, we did make a quarter turn one that pushed to locating pins out, but it came loose on the last flight and the hatch went through the prop, fortunately on a take off run not when it was in the air!

The SLEC 1/4 turn ones https://www.rcworld.co.uk/acatalog/SLEC-Hatch-Catch-Pk2-SL004.html look like they would be ideal, but not if the hatch is easy to pull off without turning the screws.

Thanks

The SLEC hatch catch won't work for your hatch. The fixed plate needs to be screwed to a vertical former, which you don't have in the battery opening as that is where the battery goes.

Also the SLEC catch is too big.. it's about 2" depth from the outer surface of the hatch to the bottom of the fixed plate.

I've had a few of these 'in stock' for many years and have yet to find a use for one.

Brian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RottenRow said:

The SLEC hatch catch won't work for your hatch. The fixed plate needs to be screwed to a vertical former, which you don't have in the battery opening as that is where the battery goes.

Also the SLEC catch is too big.. it's about 2" depth from the outer surface of the hatch to the bottom of the fixed plate.

I've had a few of these 'in stock' for many years and have yet to find a use for one.

Brian.

Brian, thanks.