Newbie Help - Easy Pigeon

16 minutes ago, Hoochykins said:

Issue now is it looks like I'm going to struggle to get more film. It's Kaven film and it looks like the only place that sells it here has no stock of the normal yellow. You guys heard of this film before and (I know it's a long shot) know any film that matches it?

IMG20240227235223.jpg

IMG20240227235219.jpg

https://www.modelshopleeds.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=136_139_2172&sort=1a&products_id=91590

100% that was showing out of stock when I checked as this was the only place I could find to sell it. They had bright yellow in stock but not the yellow. Maybe I was on a cached version or something as I checked out the brand when I received the kit.

Any tips on covering,? I've watched loads of youtube videos and I know to cover the bottom first, overlap the top so the air can't get under when flying. Cover both sides then shrink down evenly so it doesn't warp. 

I know there's probably some helpful tips that will make all the difference.

6 hours ago, Hoochykins said:

100% that was showing out of stock when I checked as this was the only place I could find to sell it. They had bright yellow in stock but not the yellow. Maybe I was on a cached version or something as I checked out the brand when I received the kit.

Any tips on covering,? I've watched loads of youtube videos and I know to cover the bottom first, overlap the top so the air can't get under when flying. Cover both sides then shrink down evenly so it doesn't warp. 

My advice would be to find an experienced modeller to show you how it's done.

10 hours ago, Hoochykins said:

As a recent newbie to covering two things have helped me get decent results.

The Solarfilm video is great, the first 30 minutes deals with the basic techniques 

Lots of sharp blades for trimming as I’ve found they blunt quick, I use these https://amzn.eu/d/1rKQl5X

• Thanks 1

Well I'd say it took me about 25% of the time to build it then covering and getting it all working with the push rods took the rest of the time. Well happy with it, just printing some reducers for the holes at the rear where the rods exit as they move around a bit in them and it means the rudder and elevator are not as smooth as I would like.

IMG_20240307_223741.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I have always built my models and fly using Futaba radios

I have come across a nice A10 Warthog which is tempting me .I believe it comes with a Spektrum receiver.

What would I need to do in order to fly with my trusty Futaba 10 CG

Would just changing the receiver do the trick?

Cheers

11 hours ago, Mike downs 1 said:

I have always built my models and fly using Futaba radios

I have come across a nice A10 Warthog which is tempting me .I believe it comes with a Spektrum receiver.

What would I need to do in order to fly with my trusty Futaba 10 CG

Would just changing the receiver do the trick?

Cheers

Yes.