Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

In keeping with the very first post in the thread.

We had a witch hovering over the flying field on her broomstick the other day.

We told her to clear off because we don't allow crones. crook

Ok. I know where my coat is.

Edited By kevin b on 22/03/2018 23:13:45

Sorry BEB. I have\ been around for an awfully long time including the RAF and factory workshops where most forms and levels of humour apply.

Please explain where the innuendo is in that one! Because unless taking the micky out of the current cricket kerfuffle is classed as non family friendly I am puzzled.

Well, I have to put my hand up to having dropped a clanger! My post did indeed refer to a joke that isn't here now. Having discussed the matter with the poster I am completely satisfied it was totally innocent and any innuendo (which could be read into the joke) was not intended.

Yes, I got it wrong! As is often said moderation is not exact science, we can make mistakes and misread a situation, but I hope we are always big enough to admit it when we do mess it up!

I've invited the poster to re-post the joke and asked the other mods to not jump to the same erroneous conclusions that I did!

Phew!

BEB

PS Aren't you all dying to hear this joke now? Oh, please no discussion about "other interpretations" of the joke, let's just enjoy it for what it is intended to be! Pretty please? smile

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 27/03/2018 12:12:38

No problem BEB, thanks for all the voluntary effort you and the mods put into supporting this great forum.

Talk about expectation and build up, the joke was told to me at the weekend by a group of year 9 students, they found it amusing.

"How do you make a Hot Cross Bun"

Pour boiling water down its hole...

Bumm bumm or should that be bun bun

Edited By Devcon1 on 27/03/2018 12:47:51

• 3 months later...

I rear-ended a car this morning. So, there we were alongside the road and slowly the other driver got out of his car. You know how sometimes you just get soooo stressed and little things just seem funny?

Yeah, well I couldn't believe it.... He was a DWARF!!!

He stormed over to my car, looked up, and shouted, “I AM NOT HAPPY !!!"

So, I looked down at him and said, "Well, then which one are you?"

And then the fight started.....

This is a transcript of an ACTUAL radio conversation between a US naval ship and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995 released by the Chief of Naval Operations.

Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course

Canadians: No! I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN. THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, THAT’S ONE-FIVE DEGREES NORTH OR COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse Your call !!

Two stories from Air Traffic Control at RAF Aldergrove (first is true, second is apocryphal)

Chipmunk from Queen's University squadron coming in for landing:

You're above the glide path

You're still above the glide path

Oh don't worry - you'll just land a bit further along the runway

Helicopter on finals

Whiskey 13, Tower, confirm three greens

Whiskey 13, Tower, I say again: confirm three greens

Tower, Whiskey 13, Look out your window. This is a Wessex. My wheels are welded on

• 2 months later...