Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

14 hours ago, Ian Dewar 2 said:

The man's got a point though! I liked xp....and the little paper clip.....

God I hated that paper clip and every nagging, petty, interfering, annoying thing it stood for.
If I want help, I’ll ask for it.

16 hours ago, RedBaron said:

It was fairly easy to get rid of the paperclip. Likewise when I want help I will ask for it - but I find increasingly most online help does not work in this modern era

I use Office Pro 97. It still works OK on Win 10, and I've largely got rid of that awful paper clip, but it still asks me if I really want to save my Word text files as .rtf - I do!  I dread having to update from s/w that does more, much more, than I need.

OTOH I remember that the first IBM PCs were a huge step back in technology from the microprocessor systems we were already using but then, no-one at the time got the sack for specifying IBM!  I had an editor and a 'C' compiler all running on 64kb of RAM - and it would run a MC6800 emulator for trouble shooting.  Who needed extended or expanded memory - and who knew the difference?

• Like 1