The June 2009 issue

Doug Ireland

I was looking forward to the SebArt Shark review as I recently had this as one of two options for an electric trainer - I eventually chose the Multiplex Mentor as it was a lot less expensive to buy and equip (and because of you your rave review)
The review was a little disappointing though. It followed the RCM&E tradition of showing lots of nice external and flying shots and hardly any showing the interior fittings, mounts etc or mention of the hardware used. And what's this obsession with Flightpower batteries? There are other makes available, usually a lot cheaper and often just as good.... 

Advert

Mine arrived couple of days ago and only just managed to have a quick look last night, read the Hawk review and all i can say is "I want one!" awesome looking model that one

Also being new to the hobby im going to be needed the repair tutorials i think at some stage haha.

Great issue this month. Nearly read it all tho, it's left me wanting more! How true is the editorial! I've just started building the Nijhuis Typhoon, not done any building hardly all winter, but now the weathers getting better i'll spend time indoors? I'll learn one day!

I think the exhaust could do with nipping up on the Mustang on Page 69, have a look Some great articles, i'm loving the scale features at the mo and full size reports. Well done

That isn't offensive. It is offensive when they say those "£$%^&()* electric models.

I did have a quiet chuckle a while ago at the club. One of our members has a big electric powered helicopter. His batteries cost £150 each or a mere £100 if he buys them from Hong Kong.

He complained that they were losing power. I asked how many flights he had had out of them

He said about 50. 

Oh well, not bad, only about 10 gallons of fuel

Looks like June is a good issue but as I have only just received the May issue, and there is no sign of the June issue falling onto the mat, I will have to your word for it.  I've written to the subscriber email address, hopefully they will get things sorted soon but I'm not holding my breath.

I do think that the broaening of the content is a good thing. I particularly liked the peice on the Camel. a simple 3 view drawing would have added considerably to the overall peice in my opinion. Perhaps a few more articles along the same lines would be appreciated. With a little emphasis on how they might be modelled.

The DF is also very interesting, at so many levels.

Perhaps some peices on the biographies on your contributers and individuals who have shaped the hobby. The list could include Peter Miller (whom I have now found in an old magazine testing engines, also a 1960 contoliner), Carl Goldberg, Vic Smeed, Phil Smith, Eddy Keil. A page should provide a pen portrait, maybe 2 for some.

Anyway I applaud the broadening of the content, from ARTFs and Alexs travels to events, good as they are.

Erfolg

• 2 weeks later...