The Cafe

Former Member

Advert

phil,
Do you have to be a club member to take the 'a' test? if an examiner is willing to test you anywhere then arrange to meet up, use someone elses model, and then get your cert. you can then fly at the local club, and maybe one person being active will help push the others.

Olly

My apologie's David but the door was open and I just had to peek at the other side. 

On a different note, just read your review of the Kyosho Edge 540 ( we don't get the mag here in Canada until the end of the publishing month ) it seems to be just what I am looking for, having shopped around Kyosho models are not too easy to find here,  shame as it sounds ideal for our sometimes windy flying site,  oh well just have to glue all those sticks from the Goldberg Tiger 2 together I suppose, in the meantime will still try to source the Edge from somewhere that the postage is not more than the model....

Hi Phil the problem I"m having really is landing ,in trying to guess  the wind strength.In the week I did a dead stick from approx 200 feet ,no problem just kept some height ,probably because I didnt need to worry about the throttle.The other problem is the figure of 8,if its windy because the model drifts because of the wind.I had a couple of problems with my take offs to start with today but that was down to movement on my nose wheel that ive fixed but need to modify and I like to use the rudder with my right hand for take off so Ive it moving with the ailerons but the first 2 take offs id the switch in the wrong place ,discovered the problem ,then ok

Hi gang....hope you've all been behaving yourself for Phil - just got back a few minutes ago, but not likely to be active until tomorrow - which will hopefully see the flyfly hawk maiden!
Catch you later....hopefully with a post flight report and pictures if I can get my photographer John Bowman to join me.

Problem solved David thank you, ask for the right product get the right product found it local at $184 great deal.

Thats twice on one forum that I have embarrassed myself must remember not to talk to Jonny Walker so late in the evening. Hia ramblings can give one a lasting headache.

Edited By Tony Richardson on 31/05/2009 20:16:17

I had  had a moan in print about the lack of plugs in engines for years. I had a go at Irvine in the 80s. I got the garbage about they had to do it to be competitive. That it would raise the price of the engine because blah, blah, blah.

I have often wondered if one could claim that an engine was "not suitable for purpose" if it can't be run without buying extra bits.

I also wonder why motor mowers don't come without  a plug, after all, some of them cost less than our engines.

I also got an arugument that "Modellers like to choose their  own plugs because they know which is best." (TRUE) I asked if the manufacturers were so ignorant that they couldn't tell which was the best plug for their engines.

An interesting though. Some adverts show the engine with plugs fitted and yet the engines don't come with the plug.  I wonder if we could apply the trade descriptions act there.

Sorry, you triggered an old hobby horse here.

Whilst we're feeling grumpy! I have been trying to bind 3 Rx's to my Corona module on my Optic 6 outfit . As usual I've done what they've said but there's no way I can get 3 Rx's to bind with it Only one satisfactorily ! I've been in touch with the supplier & received a reply telling me to do what I've already done .I've researched various threads,one of which has over 300 complaints ! If I send the lot back & THEY find nothing wrong ,I'll be charged 30 % of the original cost PLUS postage  !
This morning whilst I bet most of you are out flying I thought --Right -I won't be beat!.
I have written down a fully comprehensive list of things I have tried in order.
It amounts to 10 steps & my conclusion is that the only Rx that I MIGHT trust in one of my models is the one originally supplied with the Tx module I've tried every binding advice from so called experts 'Thank God I have just received my No 2 futaba Rx .
Expensive but I trust it .
If anyone (Timbo perhaps?-(Welcome home)) can be bothered with my constantly occuring problems ,I'll post the details of my procedure before I sue a certain supplier !
I have it all written down in front of me
By the way I've done it with the phone hub off / outside  /
nowhere near metal objects  etc etc .Anything you can think of I'll try !Before I give up!
PS   I used to love this hobby!