RCM&E 50th anniversary fly-in

I thought I'd give you all good advance warning and following a trip to the Greenacres club yesterday I'm delighted to say that the club have very kindly agreed to host our 50th anniversary fly-in.

It's scheduled for the weekend of 26-27th June at their superb site near Walsall, Birmingham.

Easy access from J7 of the M6
Free parking
Free camping (donation preferred)
Friendly and relaxed off-the-peg flying over 2 days
Meet fellow modelflying.co.uk forumites (Min A cert)
Bring along your RCM&E plan build models
Bring along your own-design models
Fly with the friendly Greenacres club and meet the RCM&E editors/contributors
Prizes, raffles, some traders too

We look forward to meeting readers and forumites....and getting some flying in too!

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 14/02/2010 06:54:44

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 14/02/2010 09:51:16

Advert

Look forward to seeing you chaps.

I met the Greenacres committe yesterday including Chris Bott who'll correct me if I've got any of the details wrong. As you know Danny, it's a fantastic flying site, very impressive.

Very impressed by Chris' A123 powered leccy models too

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 14/02/2010 08:39:59

Bob I'm afraid these are council stipulations for our use of the land..

We have to ask to see a minimum A cert and you must bring proof of insurance to fly. Both are covered by the BMFA membership card.
Sorry but we can't allow test flying during the event, so models should have flown before the event.

We do our best to be as accommodating as possible  

Chris 

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 23/06/2010 06:10:59

I guess the A cert is a minimum, put about by the greenacres club, shame Where can i get an A certificate? Our AGM is coming up soon, maybe i can ask one of my clubmates who is also part of the hatfield club if they have any instructors :s

Maybe a "Non A'ers must fly in the presence of an A'er"

I'll have to get my current projects done, got 2 own designs i have been making for a while, been doing build articles incase i get around to sending 'em off to RCM&E :P Also a Nijhuis Lysander and a Feugray

Atleast i hope i can get dad to drive me there

Half term should allow me to get some good work done on them! Speaking of which, will go do some building now!!!

Edited By Peter 'Servo Scrounger' Savage on 14/02/2010 13:44:42

Edited By Peter 'Servo Scrounger' Savage on 14/02/2010 13:46:30

Peter, at Greenacres we fly in a public park so we have to follow the guidelines agreed between ourselves and the council.

The requirement that to fly solo you require an "A" certificate is not just a whim. It is the only way in which we can fly at this venue.

The "A" certificate is not difficult and to be honest if you cannot pass it, should you be flying where there are many others, including families and property.

It should be a great weekend, and I look forward to meeting lots of forumites

Cheers
Danny

Chris, I know it's the council, not the club.  I live just the other side of Brum, and brought some models to the YT fly-in before last in the hope of getting checked out, but as you say, everyone was very busy running the event so I left the models in the car. 

Peter, I don't think it's the club, it's council land so the club does what it has to to keep the site.  If you are a competent flyer, it's an examiner you need, not an instructor - if you don't feel confident flying, then yes get some instruction.
The reason I've not tried for a certificate is a mix of sheer laziness and nerves - given the choice between flying at our rather laid-back examiner-less club or making arrangements and travelling to a strange club site, guess which wins?

To do - re-fettle plan built Jungmeister with a 2.4 rx, get stuck into the APS Eros build, get an 'A' . 
Sorted.

edit - Danny has confirmed what I thought while I was typing!

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 14/02/2010 14:18:07