another good weekend in store then!

Advert

Beautifle weather here too! Unfortunately for me, I forgot about sods law.

Turn up a the patch, with lots of lipos and a fully charged tx so I can take advantage of the weather with my V-trainer. When I get round to flying I plug in my lipo, but the esc doesn't do anything. Try again. Nothing.

Then, on the best day of the year so far, I discover that my v-trainer had a dry joint that had broken and  was hidden by heatshrink. :$

Oh well, at least  I found out on the ground... Never trust pre soldered stuff eh? 

birdy 

Bah Humbug!

Today the weather, is, well, err, mediterranean.

Yet, tomorrow, what must I do? Get up at an unearthly hour, travel to Ilkley, For what! a baptism. Why, oh why, pick a period when the UK emerges from the "global ice age"

The rage will last, particularly now I have bent a motor shaft on my Do 335, how I do not know, the landing seemed so good!

Anyway no flying for me tomorrow (Sunday). I cannot even have a proper drink, as i must drive home later.

You poor thing Olly,suffering silently.Its our Funfly tomorrow,Im not taking part Id only break something,BUT,one of my models is in the hands of a colleague.He had nothing to compete with so Ive loaned him a  3D funfly electric Typhoon Ive never flown so Ill have an interesting participation. 1mph wind tomorrow I may be able to cope with that.Im hoping to maiden my GWS Texan,latest E bay vintage and the Typhoon will have its  maiden tomorrow also

Low 20's and brilliant sunshine down here, so, whilst it's not a pretty sight, the T-shirt was off today for grass-cutting and flying. Must stock up on aftersun...............

Flew the Super Grone, Fournier and Phoenix Rainbow. The Super Grone seems to want to turn its wing in and build up speed in every turn. Has anyone got any trimming suggestions? I've been shifting the C of G back bit by bit and I don't really want to go much further.............

Pete

Edited By Pete B on 17/04/2010 20:08:10

Blew out the oil in the Saito 150 today in the YaK.... Grrrr

Pitts flew on rails with new prop.. Early night for the Dortmund intermodelbau in the morning! Seats are folded down in the car already to bring back some more toys 

Yesterday was gorgous here on the Wirral. Warm, light brezze striaght down the strip. Anyone would have thought I'd written the script! Lots of flying. It was a bit congested at times with the "summer only" lot putting in an appearence. But they didn't bother anyone too much as it took most of them 2 hours to get their engines (which propably hadn't run since last September) started! Quite a few Ah went into various starters flogging poor old neglected engines round and round until they reluctantly fired up.

Today was a very different story. 10/10's cloud most of the day, quite cold and rather gusty wind. It was back too the same half dozen old faces - much more civilised . Still I'm a "happy chappy" as I logged nearly 3 hours air time between Saturday and Sunday. Nothing quite like it .

BEB

What a great day!

Got to the patch at two thirty and got home quarter of an hour ago. First flight, I discovered that wood isn't the only thing attracted to trees... My v-trainer is two. My first ever tree crash! Having learnt that inverted v-trainers don't fly so well, I up the elevator rates, which made my second take off er... interesting. Stall turned nearer to the ground then I generally like to! Other than that, I got a good 45 minutes stick time - the most I've ever had in one session! A fellow club member also initiated me into the art of catch in mid air... 

To top off a good session, my club's instructor suggested that I bring along my trainer with wheels next week, so that I might do the A test. Hurrah / well that's unexpected! 

birdy