Clean Sweep!

Tim Hooper

Advert

Posted by Big Bandit on 16/06/2011 16:26:24:
Tim,

Who cuts your lawn, send him round to my place, cracking job there

Chris,

You ready for this? The lawn at my own house is cut by my neighbour (in return for letting him park a car on my driveway). However, I cut the lawn at Netty's house (to top up my Brownie Point account). I also cut the lawns of her two elderly next door neighbours.

The grass you see beneath the models wheels though, is at neither location. it's actually at our club flying field and is cut by a clubmember named Martin.

Hope this helps.......

Thanks for the kind comments, gents!

tim

Thanks Mr. F!

Shall you be joining us this coming weekend at Greenacres? Hmmmmm?

Not much progress to report - I'm deliberately holding back so I can take the uncovered airframe to Walsall, so I'm just gently coasting at the moment!

What I have done is to install the fuselage servos (Towerpro Mini digitals) on a Liteply tray. Ahead of them is a sloping battery tray. Exciting, huh?

tim

• 2 weeks later...
Is it really a fortnight since I last posted any progress? Goodness me....

Well, actually there's been lots of filling and sanding going on, besides fettling all those little details that seem to crop up at the most awkward moments.

Anyway, Netty has taken charge of the Perkins 1/5 scale pilot, and adorned him with a suitable denimesque jacket.

For my part I've broken out the travel iron and the Solarfilm.....

tim

• 2 weeks later...
But the real news is that she flew this morning!

Me on the sticks and Netty on the camera, we headed to the field before the wind got up and the rain started falling! Range checked and everything wiggling as it should, the model was taxyed out and the throttle applied.

The left swing was corrected, and the model took off after 15 yards or so. A few clicks of right trim suggests that it need a little more sidethrust. No problem.

The single flight was spend cruising past for the camera, and then I was able to have a bit of a play! She's very much like the Airspeed Courier in the air - a wide speed range, no tipstall and very stable in pitch (CG at 28% MAC). Ample power for big loops. Lots of aileron differential means the rolls are very axial affairs.

Haven't tried anything more adventurous as yet, but so far things bode very well indeed!

tim

Taxying out....

On finals!

Tim,
Simply Outstanding You must be really chuffed to say the least!

If there was ever a model that looked 'right' it has to be Clean Sweep!

A big congratulations on a successful maiden! Netty did a great job at capturing it on camera.I hope she gets some stick time on your new design also.

Well Done

Rich

well done tim and netty....... i should have collected your autographs when we met...never mind--next time....the finshed model looks right and reading the report of the maiden sounds like a goodin.....get the plans to young asher's GHQ asap...

ken anderson ne...1 . 1st in the line for the mag/plans....