Ebay sellers...

Advert

I think you should spend the 99p on slightly less than 1 litre of petrol & some matches Robin...wink 2....if you look at the picture towards the bottom of the page you will see some of the engines......no sign of a Saito 65 at all....just a Saito 65 sticker...the engine is a 2 stroke!!!

What all the engine DO have in common is corrosion....& lots of it.....!!

One for the skip I think...dont know

Here

Now here is a strange one

IT was listed sometime ago and I emailed him to tell him it was a control line model, not radio.

The item was sold for £31. Never got any feed back. Now I see that it has been relisted.

He still has not changed it to control line.

Did the buyer object because it was not properly described. Did one of his friends try to up the price by biddiong for it. Is he just an idiot who won't listen to advice,

Edited By Peter Miller on 29/07/2012 08:37:50

Posted by Aky208 on 29/07/2012 11:27:28:

What about if a member of their family has passed away who did aero modelling and they are trying to

sell it. Would explain why they know nothing about the models.

Just a thought.

Yes but A) I told him it was a control line model when he listed it the first time and B) I suspect that someone bought it and then refused to accept it when they found that it was a C/L model.

Posted by Peter Miller on 29/07/2012 11:38:36:

Yes but A) I told him it was a control line model when he listed it the first time and B) I suspect that someone bought it and then refused to accept it when they found that it was a C/L model.

That would account for two of the world's supply of idiots, then.......smile

A reasonable point, Aky, but if that is the case, why not say so in the listing? Why pretend to know something about the item?

What amuses me is the assumption made by these sellers that everyone else is just as stupid or naive as they are - or are they just aiming the ad for those as dull as themselves? teeth 2

Pete

I agree.

the last two comments were made before i saw the description. but i never argued for or against, i was just suggesting another point of view.

Unfortunately ebay seems to be more and more open to these type of sellers. i hate the ones who put a cheap buy-it-now price but then have a £60 p&p charge. i wonder how many people they have caught out with that sort of thing?

If the p&p is so high as to be unfair, I always report eBay. They mostly seem to take action in my experience. Doesn't excuse doing it of course, but at least allows you to bring it to their attention.

It is often done so the seller turns up higher in Google Product searches which don't, or at least didn't take account of P&P.

r.

Posted by Robin Kearney on 29/07/2012 15:17:34:

If the p&p is so high as to be unfair, I always report eBay. They mostly seem to take action in my experience. Doesn't excuse doing it of course, but at least allows you to bring it to their attention.

It is often done so the seller turns up higher in Google Product searches which don't, or at least didn't take account of P&P.

r.

I think sellers sometimes put a high post price to offset ebay sellers fees that charge 10% of the final sell price. if you sell an item for £100 free post ebay will charge you £10 if you sell the same item for £30 + £70 post ebay charge the seller £3.

If you read his profile, I suspect that he will say that he charges postage because eBay insists he does. I'm not sure how true this is now, - it may have been true in the past. eBay used to be odd to deal with on intellectual property. I'm a also fairly sure that, to be fair he does actually own the copyright of the stuff he sells

I'm not saying he doesn't own the IPR to what he sells I'm sure he does, All I did was ask why the P&P charges and got a string of abusive emails back.

I have used him in the past to buy plans from, when I pointed this out to him saying that I am an existing customer and it was a genuine question, his reply was he wished I had a heart attack.

A