Ebay sellers...

Posted by Spice Cat on 24/05/2012 20:41:26:

These must be gold plated....

Oddly, it says "2 available, 59 sold" At that price? Seems unlikely.

I guess it's a typo with the decimal place getting dislodged. Or, as it's a trade seller, perhaps a little misunderstanding in the office?

"Here, boss... How much shall we put these on for?"

"Oh, bung 'em on for three-seventy"

"OK, boss!"

Posted by Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 29/05/2012 16:49:11:

How Much??? I think these are less than a fiver from the big fish....smile o

EDIT...I thought this was for 1 servo. I missed the x 4 bit...embarrassed...still not cheap though...

Edited By Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 29/05/2012 16:50:48

You also missed the bit where it claims to be 'Futaba' but has a 'Hextronik' label stuck on the side (they're £4.93 each brand new from Hobby King)laugh

Perhaps Futaba styled Plugs?

As one who in the past paid about £8 for a Max CF 2822 on EBay, later to find they were available from BRC for about £5, then to see you could buy one for £1.50 from HK, I do sympathise. It is the lack of knowledge which leads some of us to buy some of these bargains!

I've bought from that particular seller in the past when I've needed something quicker than the wait for HK would allow and his service is good.

Whilst I would agree it isn't crystal clear, the reference to Futaba will be the plug fitting, as Erfolg says.

I think his regular customers would be aware of this.

There's another factor, of course. Any reference to marque names in a title includes the non-marque products in a search, thus you'll often see 'NOT Futaba, spektrum' etcwink 2

Pete

The point I made isn't that it may be Futaba style plug - but it states in the header is IS 'Futaba'

Metal gear 14g 2.2kg 0.11sec micro servo X 4 futaba

Not that there's anything wrong with the HK servo (I use their ones a lot), but if someone who was only interested in 'brand name gear' and didn't know any better would assume that it was what it said

Edited By Daithi O Buitigh on 30/05/2012 15:20:33

If its built to the wren plans and the engineering is good it is worth a bit more  than that. I do think a few photos of the inner parts wouldn't go a miss as that is more important than the photos shown.

A new Inconel turbine wheel and ceramic bearings is a must as things have progressed a little further than when that was possibly built.

Rich

Edited By Richard Harris on 04/06/2012 12:55:39

Posted by Peter Miller on 10/06/2012 19:29:35:

Now here is an optomist who doens't have a clue of values

Optomist 1

And here is another

Optomist 2

Edited By Peter Miller on 10/06/2012 19:31:01

The second one looks like it was dragged out of a pond! Where does he store his models? I don't know of any areomodellers who refer to glow engines as 'nitro' engines; I suspect it's a case of a little knowledge about something he was given / found / bought cheap but never actually used it, especially as the prop nut and washer are missing.

• 2 weeks later...