Ebay sellers...

Advert

Posted by Robin Kearney on 16/08/2012 21:54:53:

Steve, did you bid on the Fournier? I am thinking as long as it was well built, £77 still isnt a bad price.

I didn't in the end Robin.....much as I like it the last thing I need right now is another model...especially with such a wingspan!!! The workshop is already bursting at the seams....smile o. I would have quite liked it though...£77 with an ASP30 4 Stroke was a good price IMO.....dont know

I have purchased a lot of RC related products via eBay without problem.

Larger items, I purchased a SebArt Angel 50e I purchase within a 100 mile radius and pick up only parting with my cash when I've had a good look over it.

Smaller items (used) I am guided by the eBay feedback system and never pay more the 50 % of the RRP.

JC

I suppose it would fly quite well, like the Dynaflight one I've got. Being fixed u/c and a simple set-up should be ok. Wouldn't mind buying one cheap, either from a swopmeet or still in kit form. No way would I pay £600 for it, maybe offer £80 tops for the airframe.

Got a Black Horse Spitfire, similer size/engine, but that is a dog to fly. Seems to break everytime I fly it, mainly having a deadly tip stall at even moderate speed. Don't know why, but soon as it slows down, tip-stall.

S:GB:1123#ht_632wt_1064">SC91

As the add says:

"Used, found in a friends shed seized up, but i completely stripped it down, cleaned off all old oil, grease etc, new parts fitted. turns over freely now, should run just like new. never been tested tho as i dont know enough about this engine to know how to connect up the fuel line etc."

A bit worrying that he's striped and cleaned down a complicated/fiddly 4-stroke and sourced+replaced parts but doesn't know how to even connect up the fuel lines...