Ebay sellers...

I tried to sell a brand new MDS 58 at the Bury Club auction last year, and only got £20 for it, even then it was hard trying to sell it. Then there is the unknown MDS 40, which might not even run.

Good luck to him...

p.s. It's only worth £20...laugh

Edited By Paul Marsh on 14/05/2012 12:25:15

Posted by Paul Marsh on 14/05/2012 09:52:08:

The spit is back on, little less at £450. Funny, though, as my £20 offer was rejected.cheeky Why? 2ch am radio is worth nothing, the engine is a MDS, not worth anything either. Only the (incomplete) kit is worth anything, but not much...

He doesn't want anyone watching his relisted auction wink 2

Now here is an interesting thing.

Notice that the engine is listed as "New other". The head is on at right angles to the correct position.

I sent a question to ask why. I was told that he didn't know anything about engines but that even thought the engine had never run he had taken the head off to make sure it was in good condition.

I replied and pointed out that it was a good idea to make sure you knew how things came off so you could put them back in the right way.

I also took the time to describe how to tighten a head down to avoid leaks and distortion.

Apparently I am now a nasty, opinionated person.

Pity, I was interested in the engine but not after it has been dismantled by an incompetent novice, or, as we called them in the RAF, a black pudding bender..

Posted by Peter Miller on 19/05/2012 19:57:13:

Now here is an interesting thing.

Notice that the engine is listed as "New other". The head is on at right angles to the correct position.

Also, "Never started"? Now I could be wrong, but it looks suspiciously like the remnants of burnt-on castor oil around the pressure nipple on the silencer and around the rear seam on the silencer. Not to mention on the rear left-hand (as we look at it) of the carb, and on the exhaust manifold and some of the cooling fins on the cylinder.