Looking for a Flight Simulator

Alex Gibbs

Hi guys,
being as I'm still a beginner pilot, and with the uk's weather rubbish... i think its about time i get myself a tidy simulator.

I'm looking for a good simulator for about £50-£70 preferably, but not £130 like the real flight ones.

if you have a good simulator that you don't want anymore, and would like to pass on/ sell to me. i will be great full to have it off you (:

thanks for your time

I agree with BEB, Phoenix seems to be the best and favorite on the forum! Check second hand, people are always trading simulators...

Hi Alex, just so you know I have deleted the other thread on this - not a good idea having two threads basically on the same topic!

Tom is right - second hand versions of Phoenix do come up - but not that often because once you buy Phoenix you get all the updates automatically - so folks tend to stick with it!

BEB

As far as I know it comes with a USB cable suitable for Specktrum transmitters by default. So if you have a Specky you're good to go.

If you use Futaba you have to buy an adapter - which isn't expensive but do remember to order it at the time you order the sim as you wont be able to use the sim without it!

BEB

My daughter bought me one of these for Christmas. Has to be the bargain of the century.

Comes with a transmitter, choice of about 12 models, 6 flying sites, programmable weather conditions, simulated engine/servo failures.

Photo real backgrounds and 3D graphics card capable.

Regards

Martyn

Edited By Martyn K on 10/01/2012 10:22:48

Posted by Myron Beaumont on 10/01/2012 15:03:28:
BEB
Exactly re- the lead for a Futaba Tx with Reality Craft .Where do I get one from or an Optic 6 one as well as an alternative .The "tx" supplied broke after a few goes on the aileron function

There are many usb adaptors on fleabay for around £5

Kings Lynn models are doing a sale offer on the Ikarus Aerofly Platinum at the moment.

Reduced from £142 to £60. Bought one in December and it is a fantastic simulator with superb graphics, I am delighted with it. Comes with a USB interface and all leads to plug into your own TX but if you have the futaba with the square plug, then you will need to purchase an adapter as this is not included. Shame really as this does let it down a little - supplied plugs are 3.5mm jack and round DIN plugs.

Hope this helps.
Trev.

totaly agree with you both..im very new to the rc world and learnt to fly with this simulator..well worth its money..ive kept mine as most do as you can still fly and have fun,when the weather is not good..also has so many ways to start pushing ur skills as you learn with the preset weather conditions..from calm to strong winds and gusts..buy it,you wont regret it

Posted by trev on 11/01/2012 12:18:27:
Kings Lynn models are doing a sale offer on the Ikarus Aerofly Platinum at the moment.

Reduced from £142 to £60. Bought one in December and it is a fantastic simulator with superb graphics

I have this and find it very good but with hindsight I would probably have gone with Phoenix so I didn't have to miss out on the fun with BEB and the lads' online sessions...