Tim's Next Project

Hugh Coleman

Advert

Posted by Danny Fenton on 18/01/2012 09:30:32:
I think Tim was caught drooling over the Elf at Old Warden......

Cheers
Danny

That's a pretty bird. I'd like to see what Tim does with that.

Hugh

So, no pressure then?

I seem to be in a bit of cycle; major project/fleet fettling/minor project/ARTF, etc....

So, next on the list comes the finishing of Netty's own Clean Sweep (which got ousted from the bench to make room for the B2). I also have no less than three hotliner gliders all awaiting repairs to get them back in the air again - and I really love this particular form of hooligan flying!

After that? Well, I guess it's time for a smaller model, yes?

OK, I've had my fill of multi-wingers for a while, but it might be nice to do a nice twin-engined monoplane at around 48" span and, say, 300watts of oomph. Not the Oxford (sorry Kieran), but perhaps something more modern - even current? Something in two-tone blue camoflage perhaps?

Time will tell....unless somebody guesses it first!

tim

I guess it all depends on the criteria. Some things may be self evident, others less so.

I take it is a given that the model should interest Tim. Although for a commercial offering that may not be quite as high on the list as the builder may wish.

I think the other issue, is that of appeal to modellers, to ideally build the design, the other it helps sell the magazine.

If you concentrate on the latter, most scale designs have been done, and often, done a lot.

Yet the Airspeed Courier does demonstrate, that some designs do strike a chord with many.

I would suggest the Heston Racer on the basis it has not been done before (well not often), it was a 1930s aircraft, very attractive (to me).

Posted by Tim Hooper on 18/01/2012 11:44:43:

it might be nice to do a nice twin-engined monoplane at around 48" span and, say, 300watts of oomph..... perhaps something more modern - even current? Something in two-tone blue camoflage perhaps?

Time will tell....unless somebody guesses it first!

tim

Wouldn't be the Shuttleworth Anson would it by any chance?

How about the great classic. Flew for far longer than almost any other aircraft in service with the RAF. Fits your choice of twin engined monoplane.

My favorite because I used to get lifts home in it and had some interesting flights.

The dear old Annie or Avro Anson. , I like the 19. You can choose the silver colour scheme or do an earlier one in Camouflage