How long do HobbyKing normally take to deliver from HK to UK?

Redstorm

Hi All

I ordered from Hobby King just recently thinking they were shipping from a warehouse in Germany but having checked the site today after receiving an email it appears they have sent my order from Hong Kong.

Can any of you guys who have used HK before tell me how long stuff normally takes to get here to the UK?

My package is 750g if that helps.

Thanks

Advert

It's variable and customs can hold things up. To give you an idea, here are the tracking details for my last order (placed 27/2).

Note the time taken for customs, and because there were charges there was another delay since Parcel Force will not deliver until the charges are paid, and you are notified of these charges by post - so a delay to generate the letter and get it to you. So keep an eye on the tracking and if you see there are charges save time by phoning them and paying over the phone. (I got my letter 2 days after the parcel was delivered to me!)

1/3/12 Collected from HK by courier (note HK says shipped direct to airport on 27/2 - figure!)

1/3/12 Fowarded for export

2/3/12 Arrived in UK

2/3/12 Awaiting customs clearance

6/3/12 Awaiting custom charging

8/3/12 Revised charges

8/3/12 Forwarded for UK processing

8/3/12 Received at local delivery depot

9/3/12 Awaiting payment of charges

12/3/12 Delivery scheduled

13/3/12 Delivery complete

All the above say it all.

When using HK, you do need to factor in the delivery time.

On the other hand, if you work, it can take a week before you can get to your LMS.

If you cannot wait for HK, try Giant cod, or BRC or Robotbirds etc, as they will deliver within 2 days. Saves time if you work and is probably cheaper than driving to any MS.

It can vary a lot - I had one that took about a month - I've also had one that arrived in 10 days. A lot depends on what you order and how you want it delivered - LiPos will only come via Swiss Post (dead slow) or Singapore Post (not too bad). Hong Kong Post/Royal Snail - don't hold your breath waiting

Stuff from Germany - 5 - 7 days, but that comes by courier (and is also a bit more expensive)

oh great. I wish I'd known it could be that long before I placed the order. but typically me being excited and in a rush didnt read the site first! Never mind, these things are sent to try us.

I just received my mentor today from 4 max which was only ordered Wednesday. Built it up this evening. Just waiting on the motor prop and ESC from HK.

Fingers crossed its hear for the bank holiday. maybe not.

I was able to use tracing to see what was happening with a couple of recent parcels from HK, and I can tell you that the New Zealand Post Office takes longer (more than twice) to get a parcel across Auckland than it took to get from Hong Kong to Auckland. So it is not the distance that causes any delay. Incidently, Hong Kong is much the same distance from NZ that it is from the UK.

We also have the business where they will send you a message by snail mail to tell you that they have an Express delivery package that needs money paid. (GST, which is the same things as VAT) What is more, it does not help much if you know it will need paying and have rung the customs people to try to pay, they will not have the information yet.

Then as the final straw, they will claim to have attempted and been unable to deliver the parcel at a time when you know there were people home, so you end up having to go to the depot to get it.

regards

John

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I ordered a set of 2.4 radio from HK on 26th sept 2013 and I still havent received it yet. There is no telephone number to ring and the tracker isnt very good and there help centre is even worse. I have just got an email from them stating that my parcel has been in UK customs since the 7th Sept awaiting customs charges. There was nothing to say that I had to pay any duty. I have done some more checking with parcel force and found that they should have wrote me a letter informing me of the custom charges and how much. I have sent them 2 emails and they still havent replied. As well as this I also ordered another product from HK at the same time but from the UK warehouse and it was in stock but as soon as I paid for the item it went Back order. AGHHH. They now dont know when they will be getting any more in. I have now changed my order with a different model and paid the extra $4.27 and still havent received it. I am now losing the will to live with this firm. I paid with Paypal and i`m seriously thinking of trying to get my money back because I havent received the goods and its been 28 days since I paid them. Please beware of HK

For those who have not seen it, HK in Hong Kong seems to have gone into near meltdown following the spat with HK post where they were refusing and returning thousands of parcels. The Customer Service function was taken off line for a week and large delivery delays, I suspect this will last for some time while they sort out the mess, affecting not just HK but all Hong Kong Post users,

As for the Customs delays mentioned this is Farcel Force as usual!!! not HK causing the problem. If you paid by paypal make sure you dispute the transaction with paypal before the 45 day period is up, you will generally get a refund from them on non delivery.

Greybeard, I've had various trials and tribulations with HK over the last year or so - eventually resolved satisfactorily and I had a great flight with the offending Hunter yesterday - but the several orders from the UK warehouse I've made have arrived consistently on the 3rd day - ordered one day (early morning or over a week-end) dispatched by end of play the next working day and delivered the day after).

Your 12 day time seems about par for delivery from Hong Kong - many people have found that they have inadvertently ordered from there when they assumed they had selected the UK warehouse - did yours definitely come from Felixstowe?

Posted by Martin Harris on 25/10/2013 10:27:22:

Greybeard, I've had various trials and tribulations with HK over the last year or so - eventually resolved satisfactorily and I had a great flight with the offending Hunter yesterday - but the several orders from the UK warehouse I've made have arrived consistently on the 3rd day - ordered one day (early morning or over a week-end) dispatched by end of play the next working day and delivered the day after).

Your 12 day time seems about par for delivery from Hong Kong - many people have found that they have inadvertently ordered from there when they assumed they had selected the UK warehouse - did yours definitely come from Felixstowe?

No idea, I ordered it on the UK site of that I am certain. As far as I'm concerned it's a M.M. operation of which I shall steer clear for all but the most non-urgent requirements that cannot be obtained anywhere else.

Not my favorite site and will not use again my order took 6 weeks to come from HK and when i did manage to start and get it built there where issues with wrong parts being sent and got nothing but the runarounds from them take a picture here take a picture there where extremely busy at the moment in other words didn't want to know so as a very very last resort, I found you dont save much with the customs any way and the waiting time.

I now use local model shops theres plenty in this country even on the net and are more than happy to take your business.10/10 for Airtech,Tjd models, and 4-max to name three i found extremely helpful.

Posted by Nigel Herron on 01/11/2013 16:06:59:

Not my favorite site and will not use again my order took 6 weeks to come from HK and when i did manage to start and get it built there where issues with wrong parts being sent and got nothing but the runarounds from them take a picture here take a picture there where extremely busy at the moment in other words didn't want to know so as a very very last resort, I found you dont save much with the customs any way and the waiting time.

I now use local model shops theres plenty in this country even on the net and are more than happy to take your business.10/10 for Airtech,Tjd models, and 4-max to name three i found extremely helpful.

Personally I've had no trouble with HobbyKing Hong Kong and never had to pay any taxes, even on large orders, and parcels have never taken more than about 14 days to arrive. Did you perhaps inadvertently use HobbyKing USA? Then you would pay taxes! HobbyKing UK has also been good to me on the rare occasion I've ordered from there.

However, I have to agree with your findings with Airtek and TJD Models (haven't used 4-Max), their service to me has been exemplary. 👍