July 2012 issue feedback

Advert

Posted by Chris Bott - Moderator on 29/05/2012 23:35:25:

Oops - now there's a thing... deleting the revered Mr Hoopers double post, I hit the wrong post blush

Where's the undo button David?

Not easy being a Mod, is it? wink 2

Actually, in my own inept way, I was just trying to forestall the monthly, and irritatingly pointless, posts that certain members haven't received their copy yet, which just serve to detract from any meaningful critique of the issue in question.

OK, so unleash the avalanche ......

tim (not received my copy yet)

Edited By Tim Hooper on 30/05/2012 00:04:55

Great photography - as usual.

The usual plethora of kit reviews - so nothing special there.

I particularly enjoyed the Spitfire cross-channel and Model Technics articles. One minor point, I may have this wrong, but didn't Jim Davis fly a Spitfire across the channel in the 1970s?

Alex Whittaker's article about his 10 years of earning a living through writing about modelling was a missed opportunity I felt - and was really spoilt by his quasi-political rant at the end.

Hopefully mine will be at home when I get back from work but I've just sneaked a quick look at the digital version (somewhat illogically I feel cheated reading it on line!) to see (but not read) the tail-end piece you mentioned and I'm really pleased to see that you've addressed a particular pet hate of mine - I'm merrily reading away, turn a page, hit the adverts and find nothing left to read before the magazine is finished.

Is this what the Americans refer to as "getting closure"?

Another awesome magazine as usual, so well done to all involved. But even more awesome,I thought ,was the small article and link to the 3D printing experiment, involving a team from Southampton University. Where will this lead to? Awesome!

John.

Had a quick flick through last night, like short finals, but I did enjoy parting shot as something to show colleagues.

The 3D printing thing looks interesting and I will be taking the mag to the beer festival with me this evening to give the full consideration it deserves!

Olly

Slowly paddling my way through.....

Appreciated Uncle Alex' article re the cheap'n'cheerful bandsaw, and enjoyed Nige's chat about the Flair Volture electro glider.

The Riot looks set to be very popular, and Pete Millers retro plan looks very appealing indeed!

tim