Pick a plane 2008!

I love the electric theme happening here.

My choices would be.

1: Avro 504 either electric or IC 

2: Lockheed Blackbird EDF

3: Easy build trainer of the designers choice for beginners either electric or ic powered. Something like a piper or similar.

4: F14 tomcat or f15 eagle pusher style jet electric powered.

I know item 4 is already available in kit form but plans for scratch would be great.

Advert

Only interested in EP................48" span maximum ideally, but whatever.......

If it's a Warbird, Let's please have something NOT done to death by the existing Kit, ARTF and RTF worlds, let's have something reasonably original............. PLEASE!!! i.e not yet ANOTHER FW190, Corsair, SE5, etc, etc

1. Westland Lysander 

2. Avro Anson

3. Canberra or Meteor (Must be easy hand launcher, NO bungee!!!)

However, there are SO many widespread civil light aircraft types not represented (other than Cessna), that ANY here would be nice!!!

1 - Douglas Skyraider. Loads of colour schemes , radial engine, no complex curves, but needs retracts to look right.

2 - Percival P.56 ( Piston ) Provost. Radial engine, fixed gear, aerobatic, and very British.

3 - Miles 18 Hawk Trainer.  Why such an obscure aeroplane ? Those lines were built for a r/c model. Fixed gear, windscreens rather than a canopy, untapered wing, Trainer Yellow colour scheme. Nice slow landings with big slow aerobatics. It would not take years to build either!

Please no more Spitfires, Mustangs, Thunderbolts,  109s, 190s, S E 5s, Tiger Moths, they are overdone in the ARTF market already.

We love the RCM&E free plans at our all-electric club here in Sydney! Our members have built half a dozen Nigel Hawes 48" Tucanos, a couple of Fizza's and a Whizza - and now there are a couple of Tony's Spitfires. My nominations (all electric, 60"): 1. Curtis Kittyhawk P40N - not the E model, it's been done to death and I am soooo over the flying tigers and the shark's mouth - the N has a longer fuse and a nicer canopy and there are a huge number of well documented colour schemes and plenty of restored flying examples. Besides, that's what my Dad flew in WWII - that's him in the cockpit and me with my foot on the tyre - at Wings Over Wanaka in 2004.

2.DHC-1 Chipmunk - you only ever see the modern version in ARF. 3. Lockheed Hudson Bomber

I just noticed that someone nominated the Horten H9. In case anyone is wondering what that is, a guy at our club has built one - completely scratch built from nothing more than a 3-view.
http://au.geocities.com/sunsetsoaring/images/horten.jpg

As you can see, it looks incredible (even without the Luftwaffe colour scheme), but although he did some taxi tests this week, it is yet to fly (the grass at our field was too long and he wiped off the front leg of undercarriage)! I gather that the orginal prototype which flew in 1941 was a bit of a handful - so I imagine the model will be too! The model is pretty faithfull to the original - right down to the tricycle undercarriage, elevons, flaps and "drag rudders". The power comes from twin GWS EDFs driven by brushless motors - and I can tell you that twin fans sound much better than twin props! Robin

I know Tony has dones this one before but must admit it really is a favorite of mine, 1) DH Mosquito 2m plus for brushless or mid size glow 2) Gee Bee Model A, a bipe and first plane ever built by the Granville brothers 3) Boulton Paul Defiant or the Westland Lysander two choices I know but both very under modelled both interesting. I know it seems large but I would like to see all of these in the 2m 72" size if possible.