Register Enthusiasm for the UKCAA Here

Martyn K

I definitely fall into the club flyer category - I am trying to get my 'B' next year and loops and rolls and occassionally an '8' is my limit. However, I just love those models and something like this will help me (and I suspect others) to improve their skill level.

Persobally, I don't have a problem with electric as an alternative to 'proper' fuel nerd, the most important thing is to get people flying.

Martyn

• 2 weeks later...

Getting there.....................wink

Model in my possession (ARTF but hey, it fits the bill AND the spirit of FLYING these classics!) Period engine in storage............ (new in 1985, probably first avail early eighties).

Great idea, I look forward to "moving back in time" as a friend pointed out recently! Personally, I think the "ERA" ie pre-turnaround/ pre 1986, is spot-on. Turnaround brought huge developments and changes in design, performance and power requirements, and the original smooth-flying classics began to get lost in the development race. Power-wise, my (personal) opinion, is: ideally .61 2-stroke, OR same size case (ie modern .90-in-a-60-case) engines, for simplicity and cost. Leccy and 4-strokes shouldn't be banned outright as we're trying to get participation after all, but will be in the significant minority, and we're not really into a formalised competition environment.

Regards, Bill