How muddy is your field ??

I haven't flown since the weekend before the one just before Christmas, but it's wind and airborne water (rain!) rather than a muddy field that have stopped me. We are fortunate to fly off high ground with a chalky soil, so even in our current monsoon conditions anything more than a small puddle is very rare. I do feel sorry though for those with flooded fields.

Posted by ken anderson. on 30/12/2012 19:33:09:

no pleasure at the moment for us up in the wild wastes of ne...1 land.......its ok for you southerner's down there in the heat - but up here its worse than grim.....we're having bother finding dry kindling for the fire etc......teeth 2

ken anderson ne..1 .... the land that time forgot dept....

You're lucky. We can't afford a fire. We have to sit round a hole in the ground and pretend it's full of hot coals. When it gets really cold we have to go out onto t'moor and bring in a sheep to curl up with to keep warm (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). You've got to feel sorry for those down South though. They've got a hosepipe ban because of the drought.

Kevinb Northern humour dept

Posted by kevin b on 30/12/2012 21:28:10:

You've got to feel sorry for those down South though. They've got a hosepipe ban because of the drought.

Not any more, we haven't! I think it started to rain the moment the hosepipe ban was introduced and it was only after many weeks/months of heavy rain that the ban was eventually lifted. Not that there was really much point in lifting it - who in their right mind would want to go and stand out in the garden in the rain waving a hosepipe about? dont know

Kevin b

Bring in sheep to keep warm??? Our sheep have all sunk about six inches on our land since the river Derwent at the bottom of the "garden" was in full flood for a week !! We're using up the winter hay & silage to keep them alive and fed .Hard times indeed .No flying here at the moment but thank God we havn't been flooded.

Myron N Yorks dales

PS. 'er  indoors (or outdoors morelike) wants a new pair of wellies .Hmmm.And she's not Welch !

Edited By Myron Beaumont on 30/12/2012 21:49:48

Hi to all

We are very dry except the gateway into the field (field was drained in 2010......... now bril) the grass not been cut for about 6 weeks and is well wet so take off can be a bit doddgy needing about full throttle to even shift it..........I am sure grass wraps itself round wheels

Regards: Bob

Ps. All the best for 2013 go easy on the pop the next couple of days.......no forget I said that! wink

Posted by David Ashby - RCME on 30/12/2012 20:04:28:

It's a burst river but most of the patch was available, floaty models for me though.....smile

hcfloat2.jpg

teeth 2.......it looks a bit of a floater ......bring it up to ne...1 land....we have heavy rain again today.....

ken anderson ne..1...... in the northumberland lakes dept......