Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Advert

Yep - that was quite a race from Max. My predictions don't look too bad - I got the podium plus pole. My "zero safety cars" was a bit wide of the mark, not sure what the final number was, but I think iqon may have been close!

Watching it live was a little frustrating to start with, with the delayed start (though I was out flying and would have missed the start if it had't been delayed!) and the stoppages, but it certainly livened up later on! No results yet on badger - I guess it will be tomorrow now.

A little later than planned... Here are our league scores for yesterday;

Results from Brazil

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 pits specials pits specials 195
2 The nut that holds the wheel johnpflyrc 185
3 Mannschaft Erfolg Carl Brotherton 173
4 Revers Racing Pete B 172
5 Lost The Track David Gilder 162
6 FalconFormulaOne Tony H 155
7 Bernies Brown Envelope serepton 128
8 S Webb F1 Racing Experts Simon Webb 124
9 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 118
10 Gazs Eagles Gary Goodfellow 115
11 Slopeflyers jimbo32010 108
12 Iqon Racing iqon 105
13 Essex Racing Essex Racing 104
14 Norflok Flyer nssrcmf 95
15 Etude Racing Bond Aero 93

Obviously a higher scoring race than we've had recently, all but two of our players got 3-figure scores. The top 3 were John's Pits specials, myself and Carl. Pete B was fourth on the day, so what does that mean for the overall standings for the season so far?

This is what it means, and Pete does indeed take over top spot. For now at least!

Championship Standings

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Revers Racing Pete B 2760
2 Bernies Brown Envelope serepton 2738
3 pits specials pits specials 2660
4 Iqon Racing iqon 2525
5 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 2473
6 FalconFormulaOne Tony H 2461
7 The nut that holds the wheel johnpflyrc 2417
8 Lost The Track David Gilder 2377
9 Etude Racing Bond Aero 2365
10 Mannschaft Erfolg Carl Brotherton 2361
11 Slopeflyers jimbo32010 2321
12 S Webb F1 Racing Experts Simon Webb 2270
13 Gazs Eagles Gary Goodfellow 2249
14 Essex Racing Essex Racing 1975
15 Norflok Flyer nssrcmf 1841

So to recap, the top two positions have swapped, with Pete moving above serepton, but only by 22 points!

In mid-table I move up 1 place to 7th, David moves up 1 place to 8th, but Chris slips 2 places down to 9th. Carl and jimbo swap places taking 10th and 11th respectively.

Two weeks now until the title show-down in Abu Dhabi. Will Nico slip up and hand the title back to Lewis? And will Pete manage to say ahead in our table?

As always the spreadsheet with round-by-round scores can be viewed here.

Yes, well done, John, a great resultthumbs up

Thanks BB, but this one's going to the wire - anything can happen in two weeks time.....crook

Gotta say young Max made for a hugely entertaining race despite the interruptions - and that save coming up the hill was a little bit of genius..teeth 2

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I am shocked at Big Bubbdas reaction. The person who accrued the most points won and won fairly.

I can sense that Lewis is in trouble, in that there was a suggestion that the team management will be considering his conduct during the race and his responses. It was again telling the Eddy Jordan seemed to suggest that he would have discussed the forcing of the circuit of a team car by another team car, before many of the other incidents occurred. Wulfe seemed to suggest that the Mercedes management, will expect him to deal effectively wit any team member who acts in a way that puts into question both of their cars achieving the highest placement possible.

I do think that Nico really dealt well, very calmly with some very questionable behaviour.

The up side is that i did have Lewis to win with Nico second.

I do know that I will not have Lewis as my No.1 driver next year. Partly as I suspect that the Mercedes will tell Lewis, you get the upgrades second. If you do not like it, well tough, you will follow team instructions, or something along those lines.

I am not sure Lewis will get the telling off that people think.

At some stage they have to realise that Lewis was driving for his own Championship, and he wanted to win it his way.

If Toto Wolfe had been driving, I am sure Toto Wolfe would have ignored the team order too!!!!

I am glad Nico won. And I am a huge Lewis Hamilton fan, and still am.

He is human, and he was naturally trying his hardest to effect the result he wanted.

Nico was overall the strongest driver throughout the year, and both have had the technical issues that have plagued Lewis, at some stage.

Any suggestion Lewis will be treated as a second class team member next year, will see Lewis walk out of the door to another team, and rightly so.

Lewis is hot headed, and wears his heart on his sleeve, but he is the fastest, and he is the most entertaining to watch. Score is now 3 to Lewis and 1 to Nico.

Plus never forget that Lewis lost 2007 World Title, his FIRST rookie World Title, by ONE polnt!!!

Well done to Nico Rosberg. A great driver and a very nice bloke! yes

I feel that Rosberg achieved the championship by his masterful overtake of Vestappen- the most agressive and fearless driver. Rosberg followed him for lap after lap without trying much then suddenly pounced, gave way when a colliision seemed likely then pounced again immediately and passed. A champions move!

But anyway would a German team let a British driver win yet another championship when a German driver could be champion? Remember only some countries play cricket!