Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Well, as he scored higher than Chris today and had a sizeable lead anyway, yes!

Pos Gain/Loss Team Manager Pts
1 - Revers Racing Pete B 2457
2 - GASTON Formula Chris McG 2322
3 +1 PSS Power Flyer 2290
4 -1 Pitts Specials john stones 2276
5 +1 Crashtestdummies Brake Test 2269
6 -1 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 2266
7 - 2020 Vision johnpflyrc 2232
8 - Essex Racing Tony Clark 2189
9 - Torque of the devil Stu 2189
10 - Roos Racers rk295 2112
11 - Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 2104
12 - Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 1970
13 - Iqonic racing iqon 1945
14 - The improved Webby Racing team Simon Webb 1872
15 - teewrex John Tee 1620
16 - AeroArrows Bondaero 1336

Well done to Pete holding on to first place, and adding another title to his belt.

Well done Chris for taking second place and also to Ade who slipped past John S to take 3rd place at the last minute.

The only other place changes today were Don and Gary swapping places to take 5th and 6th respectively.

Not, I think, the most entertaining race (on the track) to end the season with. But given where we were back in March, when the F1 looked like not happening at all, I think all concerned did well to get 17 races run.

I think this is the latest that the F1 season has finished, and it will be a shorter than normal winter break. I don't know how likely it is that 2021 will start as planned, if it does then that's Melbourne on March 21st.

Now a message for you all, but especially for me;

Don't forget your predictions!!! embarrassed

Advert

Congrats to Charles, Stu and Ade for topping today's chart. Well done gents.

'Un grand bravo' to Pete for topping the 2020 overall season with such an authority. But this must be enough now... devil

Sad for John S for losing his podium spot at the very last race.

Congrats anyhow to Ade as well, but you really should get back to your 'duplex' Sabres builds now...

... a bit early for your 2021 predictions, but anyway DON'T FORGET to 'save' them when they need to... wink

See you all back here soon, gents & above all, stay safe

Cheers

Chris

Another great result for Charles - your winning run came a bit late in the season, unfortunatelyface 4

Thanks, gents - it's been another, memorably entertaining (against the odds) F1 season, with plenty of 'ifs', 'ands' and 'buts' when agonising over the predictions - and a usefully large slice of luck on occasionssmile p

Congrats to Chris, Ade and John for pushing me all the way and thanks to everyone for battling your way through the season - 16 players is a respectable fieldthumbs up

Last and by no means least, massive thanks to John P for your dedication in running the league once again!thumbs upthumbs up

I don't know if anyone else noticed but Lewis looked really fatigued and washed-out on the podium. I hope he doesn't have any long-term consequences after his bout of the virus.....crook

Anyway, looking forward to next season already. I'll be on the back foot for inside information next year as I haven't yet worked out how I'm going to get the motorhome to Bahrain for the test days in February....face 24

Well done Pete - a worthy victor after a topsy turvy season. It was altogether too late when I finally found some form, with two (lucky!) results, but there’s always next year! It’s been enjoyable- thank you John P for your efforts in organising and running the league. Makes the races more interesting!

Edited By Charles Pic on 14/12/2020 06:17:08

Well done Pete, shows that consistency matters!

Many thanks to John P for the organisation.

A little surprised, yet pleased to sneak in blind side for third.

All in all, a fun season, and a nice distraction from day to day events. (And I beat my lad for 2nd year in a row ! Better luck next year Stu cheeky).

And thanks to all for taking part, it makes for a little bit of fun.

Cheers

Ade

Posted by Flyer on 14/12/2020 07:40:51:

And thanks to all for taking part, it makes for a little bit of fun.

I can only echo Ade's comment - thank you all for taking part. I certainly enjoy running this for us, but it's all of us taking part that makes it interesting.

And thanks, Charles, for pointing out the 2020-review on fantasygp - I hadn't spotted that! I can't match your 40th place, best I managed was 63rd in Austria - the first race of the season. I've gone downhill ever since then... smile o

... what now??? ...

... no predictions to forget...

... or to forget to save... devil

What about a little poll to keep the passion up?

I don't think the question 's going to last forever, but who's going to take the seat next to Max?

Will it be Albon himself? Nico the Hulk? or Sergio Checo? or even someone else? ...

My - totally unofficial - vote goes to > Sergio 'Checo' Perez.

Who's next to place a vote?

Cheers

Chris

Hi gents,

I don't think they 're going to start that kind of 'musical chairs', Iqon. But then I might be wrong (again). wink

@ Pete > basicly, I totally agree, but Alpha Tauri isn't a 'junior' team any longer following the declaration of Horner. It 's supposed to become a 'satellite' team of Red Bull Technologies as far as I understood it and Pierre is their 'team leader'.

@ John T > any results yet from your 'thinking'? ...

@ John S > Bottas would be great, but I'm afraid he has a contract with Toto... and Toto likes 'fidelity' (so far)...

Any more suggestions? ... smiley

Cheers, gents

Chris

I feel sorry for Hulkenberg- always the bridesmaid and never the bride. Nevertheless, it’s hard to disagree with Red Bull’s choice. Maybe a seasoned professional will prove to be a better fit in that team than the young protégés they seem to keep chewing up and spitting out. I could well believe Perez will be there a good many years, despite only signing for one. He’s only 30 after all.

Posted by McG 6969 on 18/12/2020 21:21:29:

... well, I thought the Mods (plse, note the absence of apostrophe) had more emoticons at their disposal...

... but, thx, Pete

heart heart heart heart heart...

Cheers

beer beer beer beer beer

Chris

OK, I'm keeping quiet about apostrophes for the moment... smile d

But I wonder if the ordinary 'windows' emoticons work here? Let's try to give Chris a medal - 🥇 or maybe a trophy - 🏆