Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Right then... running a bit behind myself with everything being 24 hours ahead of normal!

Don't forget your predictions!

As I mentioned a couple of days ago,  qualifying is on FRIDAY! 

FP1 and FP2 have given us lots of reasons to be confused or misled, with Verstappen managing only 6th fastest in both.  Ricciardo, in the newly-named Red Bull "B" team, headed FP1, ahead of the two McLarens and Tsunoda in the second B team car.  FP2 saw Hamilton and Russell setting best times in their Mercedes, with Alonso third fastest...  

FP3, at 12:30 UK-time may give us more of a clue - or not!  Either way,  qualifying is at 16:00 on FRIDAY.  Now get those predictions done.

Predictions done.

Some one dislikes Red Bull or Horner, maybe both.

The latest finger of suspicion is pointing to some one called Jos, Never heard of him! 

Max Verstappen is heavily dependant on RB, I hope it is not someone close to him. I have read that one of his relatives, has quite a reputation, delivering many column inches, even known to authorities, Wow.

Evening all!

With the Channel 4 highlights programme drawing to a close,  it's time to take a look at our league table after today's season-opening race;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 168
2 2 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 158
3 3 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 142
4 4 0 Iqonic racing iqon 135
5 5 0 PSS Power Flyer 133
6 6 0 Hidden Cucumber fat brownie 130
7 7 0 Revers Racing Pete B 128
= 8 0 Pitts Specials john stones 128
9 9 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 123
= 10 0 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 123
11 11 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 121
12 12 0 teewrex John Tee 116
13 13 0 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 109
14 14 0 Hans Brake Zoonie 105
15 15 0 Torque of the devil Stu 103
16 16 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 20

Taking top spot today with an impressive 168 points is Charles.

10 points adrift in second today is Simon.

And our podium today is completed by Chris, taking third with 142 points.

Well done to today's top three!

Behind the top 3 there's a cluster of us on 135 to 121 points before a slight gap and four more scoring 116 to 103.  I can only assume Kev didn't manage to pick a team in time for today's race... 😕

Next up, in a week's time, is Saudi Arabia.  And again, we're a day ahead of normality with Qualifying at 5pm (UK-time) on Friday,  and the race at 5pm on Saturday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been playing the official Fantasy League for 5 years and the they've changed the scoring each year to the point now where the scoring is random, has no skill and has got so confusing.

This league is a breath of fresh air, so much easier to understand and makes more sense.  👍

Crumbs! That’s no doubt the first and last time I’ll lead the league this year.   

I’m not loving the Saturday races, felt like such an anticlimax waking today and realising there’s no GP to look forward to.

What do others think about the newspapers revelations about Jos Verstappen. Quite a bit a colourful history now being printed in the newspapers, no more coyness, just this happened, to whom, when, where and so on.

Is it in Toto's ( and Mercedes) best interest apparently being seen to be having chats with Jos.

My wife found some information on the internet with respect to the alleged complainant, that is a picture,  suggested as a good acquaintance of Jos. That is other than a name, their role. I am left baffled why a picture is supposedly fine, yet no other details.

Then there is the suggestion, that much is a power struggle to switch control of the team from the UK to Austria, and loosening the grip of the principle shareholder of RB racing (apparently a guy from the Far East). Is it about revenue and advertising, or perhaps control freakery or other?

Then what is it the Horner is alleged to have done, other than the very vague allegation. 

If Horner goes, would others to, would another team want him, would RB go into decline. Would Verstappen remain, if he were to stop winning races?

12 minutes ago, Erfolg said:

What do others think about the newspapers revelations about Jos Verstappen. Quite a bit a colourful history now being printed in the newspapers, no more coyness, just this happened, to whom, when, where and so on.

Is it in Toto's ( and Mercedes) best interest apparently being seen to be having chats with Jos.

My wife found some information on the internet with respect to the alleged complainant, that is a picture,  suggested as a good acquaintance of Jos. That is other than a name, their role. I am left baffled why a picture is supposedly fine, yet no other details.

Then there is the suggestion, that much is a power struggle to switch control of the team from the UK to Austria, and loosening the grip of the principle shareholder of RB racing (apparently a guy from the Far East). Is it about revenue and advertising, or perhaps control freakery or other?

Then what is it the Horner is alleged to have done, other than the very vague allegation. 

If Horner goes, would others to, would another team want him, would RB go into decline. Would Verstappen remain, if he were to stop winning races?

Don’t care, tabloid tittle tattle.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Erfolg said:

Life is too short to read newspapers!

And most of it is not true anyway! 

• Like 3

Evening all!

Saudi Arabia this weekend,  and again - we're running 24 hours ahead of the usual schedule.  So qualifying is tomorrow,  FRIDAY!

P1 saw Verstappen setting fastest time, ahead of Alonso, followed by Perez, Russell, the two Ferraris, then Norris and Hamilton.

P2 saw Alonso fastest, with Russell second and Verstappen third.  Next up was Leclerc with Perez, Stroll, Sainz and Hamilton in the next positions.

P3 is at 13:30 UK-time tomorrow (Friday) and qualifying at 17:00

The race is at 17:00 on Saturday.

So, it just leaves me to remind you all;

Don't forget your predictions!

The problem for us with free practice is that we do not know what the teams are really doing, is it about qualification, perhaps race set up. It could be even less the specific race, from understanding tyre, brake or maybe fuel consumption, all under various issues from a variety of fuel loads, air temperature effects.

All will be trying the best to hide what they are doing and or why. Particularly this year where pre season testing appears to have been truncated.

My results show little I know, and how useful the professional option would be to me. Then that is also true for others, know doubt we could all do alternative drivers and cars, that we suspect will gather more points.😢

Evening all!

Busy day...  I haven't watched the race yet,  will do that tomorrow. 

Channel 4 highlights are still underway,  and hopefully anyone who doesn't want to see their league results until after seeing the highlights will be actually watching those highlights, and not browsing the web!

Look away NOW if you don't want to see today's league positions!

So first,  out scores today;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 9 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 201
2 3 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 161
= 5 2 Revers Racing Pete B 161
= 6 3 Essex Racing Tony Clark 161
5 2 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 152
6 7 2 PSS Power Flyer 146
7 8 4 Iqonic racing iqon 140
8 9 3 Hidden Cucumber fat brownie 134
= 11 2 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 134
10 10 1 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 133
= 4 3 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 133
12 13 2 Torque of the devil Stu 128
13 12 0 teewrex John Tee 121
14 16 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 115
15 15 1 Hans Brake Zoonie 102
16 14 6 Pitts Specials john stones 83

And it's Carl who takes top spot today with a very respecatable 201 points!

There's a 3-way tie for second place with Chris, Pete and Tony each scoring 161 points.

Well done to today's top 2, 3, or 4!

Our overall placings now look like this;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 9 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 324
2 2 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 310
3 3 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 303
4 4 3 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 301
5 5 2 Revers Racing Pete B 289
6 6 3 Essex Racing Tony Clark 284
7 7 2 PSS Power Flyer 279
8 8 4 Iqonic racing iqon 275
9 9 3 Hidden Cucumber fat brownie 264
10 10 1 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 254
11 11 2 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 243
12 12 0 teewrex John Tee 237
13 13 2 Torque of the devil Stu 231
14 14 6 Pitts Specials john stones 211
15 15 1 Hans Brake Zoonie 207
16 16 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 135

We have a new leader, as, with a 9-place leap up the table, it's Carl who now sits in top position.  Simon and Chris retain their 2nd and 3rd positions, with Charles dropping off the top spot down to 4th.

Lots of changes further down the table, as we'd expect for only the second race of the season.

Next up it's Melbourne in 2 weeks time.  Back to normal with qualifying on Saturday and the race on Sunday,  though both at silly o'clock in the morning (UK time) so they might as well be on Friday/Saturday!  Qualifying is at 5am, with the race at 4am!

• Like 1