RCM&E May 2013 Feedback

Concorde Speedbird

Advert

Some really interesting articles .Couldn't put it down .I just loved the one by Brian Winch especially .Man after my own heart may I say .Very refreshing to learn new things from others experience .As for "masking tape" --What old modeller needs to read about it .Sorry Alex ,I realise you have your "niche" .

I received my Radio Control Models and Electronics magazine today. Put the kettle on and made a sandwich. Sat down and flicked through the various articles in anticipation of reaching anything to do with a glider or powered glider flying for that matter! But alas there was nothing and by tea time the magazine was already shelved. I hope next months mag will have at least a little content to cater for the 9% of glider fliers here.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 05/04/2013 06:52:45

My Trainer having reached 10 years old has worn out it's engine... so I've fitted a new one, given a it few flights and all is well.

Two days later May's RCM&E arrrived and I read Graham's Editorial, wow! Exactly my reasoning behind treating my trainer to a new engine.

Now I've just got to get the original sticky backed covering off before treating to a new skin as well.

Edited By Ian Jones on 05/04/2013 11:41:27

I thought this was one of the best issues so far,it carried some very interesting articles and the variety was enough to give everyone something to read, and even though i am not into certain areas i enjoyed reading them, most of all especially enjoyed the columns this time.

Posted by FWAL on 04/04/2013 22:02:37:

I received my Radio Control Models and Electronics magazine today. Put the kettle on and made a sandwich. Sat down and flicked through the various articles in anticipation of reaching anything to do with a glider or powered glider flying for that matter! But alas there was nothing and by tea time the magazine was already shelved. I hope next months mag will have at least a little content to cater for the 9% of glider fliers here.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 05/04/2013 06:52:45

I'm saying nowt. angry

It's a very good magazine, I enjoy a subscriber edition every month but in an effort to be constructive:

Pete Lowe always tries to cover too many issues and models in his articles. It gives the very strong flavour of space-filling.

Articles on techniques are frustrating for learners when they are continued to the next issue. An example is the recent excellent treatise on soldering. But a reader wants to be ale to solder his undercarriage there and then. He does not want to wait until next month to learn the final secrets.

And what happened to the Editor's DB Sport and Scale RAF SE5 build blog? Does he need someone to finish it for him?