Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

Not posted a new model for a while. Finished this today. Would fly it, but blowing a gale here.

A World Models Z6M Zero off ebay (Steve Webb Models -Cobbwebb) for half RRP. They have one left is anyone fancies one. Engine is a SC 80 four stroke, of course.

wm_a6m_zero_small.jpg

Pilot which was supplied was a bit wrong- I mean what the heck is this? A jet pilot in a WWII model?! Suffice to say it didn't go in and will source a Japanese WWII from Weston next week.

wm_a6m_zero_pilot_small.jpg

Edited By Paul Marsh on 08/06/2014 11:25:58

Not a new model as such, but a repair and repaint of my venerable Balsacraft Blenheim, refinished in XXV Squadron colours. Still on the old sp600 motors, but with the 8 cell 2400mah NiCd pack replaced with a 3000mah 3s1P Tipple lipo pack. Removable nose gives access to the battery pack and is retained using 4mm gold bullet connectors, as a replacement for the dowels and rubber bands that were in use previously. I'm looking for a set of the Eric Leadley transparent mouldingfor this model, if anyone ha a set lying around, doing nothing, please drop me a PM.

bblenheimxxvcolours.jpg

pt19onrunway.jpgHere is a new model though - E-Flite PT-19, with an Eflite 480 outrunner and 2700mah 3s1p lipo. These ARTF PT-19s are convertable from RC to CL by the exchange of the elevator servo for a bellcrank, a lockplate for the aileron servos and similar for the rudder. There's even a little box in the wingtip to add a weight for CL use. The conversion bits are all saved in a box and she might even fly CL one day.

The PIlot figures are the 1/9th scale USAAF/USN figures from Pete's Pilots, cut down to fit in the cockpit/battery hatch.pt19front34.jpgpt19pilotsfront.jpg

PT-19s are lovely - that blue and yellow colour scheme is ne of my favourites. That's a nice size too.

I also have a 40-50 sized PT-19, the Jamara 65" span version, which was powered by a Graupner Sp700BB geared unit, driving a 13x8 prop from 14 cell 2400RC Nicd pack. She's being remotored with a brushless outrunner and 5s1p 5000mah lipo pack at the moment, now that I have managed to source a replacement cowl, Just a bit of covering to apply to the repaired top deck a new motor mount needed. I could stick with the geared motor, but the outrunner will be quieter.

Here she is on finals.

pt19landing.jpg

Went to the club's scale competition on Sunday. I did not enter the SE5A and had trouble with the SC52 4 stroke idle setting which proved to be caused by the state of my ancient fuel. However with the assistance of club member Dave Cook we did fly my Great Planes Flightflex YAK 55. This plane is obsolete but I was surprised by it's performance as indicated. The competition was won by a Norman Islander with a second prize won by a Curtis Biplane.

025.jpg

037.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cfcSDMCINQ

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 10/06/2014 22:12:16

This is one of three planes I got from from Phil Claridge who was having a clear out at the time of wrecked repairable models. I am in the process of fitting radio equipment into a repaired Super Air but gave the model illustrated to a club member Pete who likes building. Pete has now finished the repair but the model has yet to fly and did not do so on the club's scale day as the wind blew up in the afternoon.

007.jpg

026.jpg

Recently finished this one. A 1/4 scale Aop9 from Airsail. XR246. 35cc DLE35RA 6inch inflatable tyres, all lights, working switches and choke on dash, fully kitted inside. Did a build blog on it and now just had an article in our national mag.

0516141354-02.jpg

0516141353-02.jpg