Nats 2013 chat, pics etc...

Posted by ken anderson. on 23/08/2013 15:45:21:

1.jpg

enrico's-emporium caboose....at the nats.....

ken andersonn.......ne....1.......nats dept.

forgot to mention........................it's someone's big day on Monday...'his'....tin box will be covered in party lights etc.........

ken anderson ne..1.......celebration dept...

Advert

Posted by Allan Bowker on 22/08/2013 20:43:42:

Probably going Sunday.

Me too! I've never gone before, and keep saying I ought to go one year... So why not this year?! Setting off at silly o'clock in the morning, plan to spend all day there, might even bring something to fly on the 2.4 "after 6" line.

Models look very nice on that table David ,

Don't think i will ever be able to match up to that for show room quality .

All my models look taty compared to that lot frown .

Hope you are all have a good time down there i am stuck here in Manchester with unexpected visitors from Grantham which we was going to visit and hopefully i could of dropped in on you all sad

Ho humm

Posted by John Privett on 24/08/2013 15:30:54:
Posted by Allan Bowker on 22/08/2013 20:43:42:

Probably going Sunday.

Me too! I've never gone before, and keep saying I ought to go one year... So why not this year?! Setting off at silly o'clock in the morning, plan to spend all day there, might even bring something to fly on the 2.4 "after 6" line.

Well, there's always next year... Today's trip abandoned after breaking-down on the M25 near Clackett's Lane services. Back home now with an intermittent fault to sort out.sad

Unless I'm very much mistaken I see Dave Pearson's and his Corsair (in the last picture), the one featured on the front cover of this month's RCME, unfortunately its looking a little lame. What a show Dave and Trevor Wood put on at Cosford, brilliant!! Nev.

Edited By Racing Snake on 25/08/2013 15:08:33

very disappointed with the trade stands this year number seemed lower than last year and more craft stalls than previously, come on bmfa lets encourage the traders, its a massive part of the nats, it was good to see a few new names but all in all very lacking, are we pricing them out of it??

Totally agree about the Trade stands, relatively poor selection and no real bargains to be had, however, it was nice to see the new Multiplex Extra 300 in the flesh (foam?), even if it's not available in the UK at the moment.

As good as the show line flying was today with numerous excellent jets and warbirds, the star of the show for me was the young man flying the Yak 55 (Gernott Bruckmann?). His skills were staggering and for me it was worth paying the entrance fee just to watch him perform.