RCM&E March 2014

chris basson

Advert

Amazing, mine arrived here in NZ yesterday,arrives more promptly than a letter from ChCh to Auckland...let's say that the content this issue is superior to last months ,which was wanting in many ways.

Won't be building this months free plan,but the Scale ,Whittaker,various test columns,and Glider guider pages keep me happy for weeks.

Hope that the appalling weather many of you seem to be suffering has not dampened your spirits-

All the best

TT

Posted by David Ashby - RCME on 17/02/2014 10:47:08:

Some model shops are saying that it's sending a new type of customer through their doors, which can't be bad.

It can when they are people who think a RC Car is extremely tricky to drive and their road is a suitable place to fly one.................. secret

I know this is a "thing" of mine, but how is this issue of for giving people a clear indication of what they will be staring at a lot when it's "up there", i.e. showing underside orientation on reviews?

Duet - Well Done, two clear images.

As3Xtra - Good Enough

Joker II - Just About

Calibre - Not Clear Enough, looks plain blue?? (if so not good then at range if we ever get a clear summer sky!)

As an issue, better than some!

I have a question with regards to this issue that one of you may be able to help with.

The article on the rather nice (and unconventional) Corsair states that it flies "with no vices". But, the airborne picture at the bottom of Page 46 shows the aircraft with a massive rudder deflection to the right, and possibly a small amount of aileron, also to the right. It also looks like the wheels are just retracting, so I have assumed this is just after take off. So, my question is:

Is that amount of rudder deflection a mix with aileron to make it turn, or is there something else going on?

I ask because I have used rudder/aileron mix on my piper cub, but never to the degree the picture shows?

Regards

Tim