What's flying over your house

David Pearce 4

Out over the sea by Rustington, West Sussex, on Friday were a couple of low wing monoplanes doing "dogfighting" follow my leader aerobatics for quite some time. At the distance involved they looked blue underside and desert sand above, quite ME109 plan form (but clearly not actually warbirds). Could have been Vans.

When they decided to leave in the approx direction of Goodwood angled westerly inland they came a little closer and looked to be flash patterned yellow/white uppers. Still could not identify or see detail or get reg which appeared to be displayed as per civil lists.

Tried to find them in the 2017 airshow display availability listings, no joy. Any ideas?

Posted by ChrisB on 03/06/2017 19:44:49:
Posted by lightning 759 on 29/05/2017 07:25:26:

had this past the back door twice this week

Ilyushin Il-62

p1080003.jpg

You're not near Coventry by any chance are you? Something similar landed there this afternoon.

hi

no Doncaster but I believe its been in that area Coventry & Birmingham

andy

"Scottish Aviation Bulldog in RAF trainer colours "

I remember seeing they were sold off for around £10k when they were retired from RAF duties. I guess a few of their civvy operators kept them in their RAF colours!

A400s have been going around... and around... and around... and around... overhead here lately. I guess doing some kind of trials?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted by Dave Bran on 13/06/2017 19:44:24:

ME109E in cct

I was wondering if it was the one I saw on my tour of the Heritage Hangar at Biggin a few months back. And your link rather suggests it was!

Meanwhile, back to today, we're used to seeing the odd Chinook or two flying over here in N.E. Surrey, but I've just seen an Apache heli, heading roughly S.E. at around 1,000 to 1,500 feet.

Posted by Paul Jefferies on 03/07/2017 16:19:55:

'Had a Hurricane fly over this afternoon smiley......... River Orwell, a few miles East of Ipswich. The underside was half black and half white. 'Anyone know anything about it and where it is based?

Paul

The BBMF had one with this scheme on the underside - perhaps the same one.

Kim

****** 'Missed it....... I'll try the late news. dont know

"To be honest I suspect they took the makers plate, mounted it on a ladder abd built a new aircraft onto it based on what they dragged out of the sea."

Yes,  I was thinking the same based on the SFP report......

Paul

Edited By Paul Jefferies on 04/07/2017 20:20:07