Trent Meteor

Tony Bennett

right 1/4 scale is just under 10ft wingspan, so that's the plan.
electric of course.
all depron apart from the area's that will need wood or carbon for strength.
two piece fuselage with the wing center section fixed and the wings from the nacelles outwards removable.
retracts.
want to get the covering better this time and try to add some scale details (unlike the tsr2 which is just meh)
i shall be removing as much depron as poss to get the weight as low as i possibly can, be great if i could get it under 5kg once completed.

we shall have to see.

This was the world's first actual flying turbo-prop and apparently it worked really well from the start. For some reason at a later stage they reduced the propeller diameters quite a lot, I don't know why, unless they were experimenting with the balance between thrust from the prop and the jet exhaust.

The Germans had some interesting project proposals for turbo-prop combat aircraft, but none of them ever flew and I don't know if a test engine was ever flown by them at all. I'm sure some other forumite will know something about it.

Edited By Colin Leighfield on 01/11/2014 11:44:28

i got an ali wing tube sharpened at each end.

give it a twist and a push and voila a hole is cut, repeat endlessly until your hand cramps up and your eyes go squiffy.

collect all the loose bits of foam and chuck round the room like confetti.

sweep up madly before the misses comes home and gives you a slap round the ear for being silly.

cheeky