Trent Meteor

Tony Bennett

Advert

I can potentially comprehend your thoughts. I imagine with two large models under construction, your concerns crystallise on a number of issues.

The first, being, that your wife and family have probably noticed, and may have made a few comments. In my case I worry and try and work out the actual nature of the comment, what lies behind them, or can they safely be ignored.

A second concern inevitably surrounds storage issues. That is for many of us.

Then there is the investment in time, which in my case, would be under increasingly pointed comments, combined with a growing realisation, that a lot of time still is needed.

We are now at four, the cost of the airframe is still only part of the investment. The cost is now in cash, for suitably large Lipo, a beefy motor, with muscle, EScs of suitable capability and finally an airborne Rx set up suitable to a large model. Even if relatively light weight model, they are still big.

Are you going to concentrated on your favourite build, put a temporary hold on the other. So that it can be reactivated when circumstances are more favourable, particularly your own enthusiasm.

You will have to keep one going, or I will not have anything to monitor. Although, when i realised how big both projects are, I was totally take aback.

Mrs is fine with the build.

storage will be a problem and i can see me selling a few other models to make room.

cost has been very low so far, about £27 to this point, i know it will escalate the further on into the build i get.

focusing on one build is my biggest problem, i am even now thinking about another project.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well i have depron after a delivery mix up and as i am waiting parts for the stearman, i dug this out of the corner and made a start again.

cut the main wing centre section cores from 6mm sheet, took two full sheets to do it.

working on the main spars now.

thats 60" across the centre section, still got the outer panels to cut yet.

As with Martian, it suddenly struck me where do you buy sheets of the sizes required.

Is there a Tardis somewhere near your home for storage, or perhaps you are deaf and cannot hear your wives comments. Or perhaps your wife is very understanding, i can almost hear her voice "of course dear, yes you can keep the fuselage in the bedroom, and the kids will love to share their room with a wing, what a great idea, NOT".