Greenacres 2015 fly-ins chat

Advert

I am going to try and make it this year but just for one day so i have a couple of questions if someone could advise me please

1. I hope to bring my Atom Special .. if there is to be a mass fly will it be Saturday or Sunday or both (i am most likely to be there on Sunday )

2. Is there stuff there for mums and daughters? One restless 6 year old who is not that into planes will need to be kept occupied smiley

Thanks - hope to see you all there

Mass fly offs are usually on both days. See if you can get a Radjet for the mass launch. Crazy fun!

There is a small playground and a couple of horses for the kids to admire. Other than that it's a huge field so bring beach games & they'll be happy. Last trip there my kids were playing badminton for hours! Much better than them playing on the X box. (brain coffin)

Posted by Morgan Goule on 26/06/2015 22:03:37:
Yes max whatever time you want from 10:00 am Friday morning tI'll whenever you want

Note:- The Greenacres club members are setting up, and mowing the strip, all day Friday. There will be no flying until everything is complete - probably mid to late afternoon. Even then, it's at the clubs discretion on the day.

Campers who turn up before mid afternoon are sometimes not allocated a camping space until the Greenacres guys have a moment to do so. So in the past, it has always been preferred if visitors come later on.

today I met weasel and gave him his mission orders for this years meet up with the forumites at greenacre's....all the members of the weasel fan club will this year see a big(BIG) difference in the 2015 model of him.......compared to previous year's....he also has a new set of vocabulary for the new year....to try out on any/everyone.....it takes me all my time to decipher what he's talking about-good luck.

ken Anderson...ne...1 weasel(Ronnie) advance warning dept.

The Weaz,

is on another mission alright Kendo,, cant wait to get among the formites for the radge crack, and the great atmosphere of the Greenacres crew, Stall the manging ma bit laddie shan hantel see yous there next weekend.

Regards The Weasel......

I once met a Durham miner when I was competing in a long distance motor cycle semi-sporting trial back in the 1960s. I'll never forget his name. It was Gary Cooper! None of we Derbyshire lads could understand a word he said even when he tried to speak English I suspect weasel might be from that neck of the woods.

Actually, my main reason for posting is to ask if 35Mhz transmitters are allowed and, if so, will there be a formal transmitter control? I may be bringing my Maher's Thunderbird which still has a Multiplex 35Mhz IPD receiver. It depends on whether I get a chance to to have few flights with it next week as it hasn't been flown for a year. I'd run out of Silkolene oil and I had barely a half a litre of petrol mix left. I will eventually fit a Frsky receiver and fly it with my Taranis but I don't really want to mess with it in a hurry, particularly as my big model test pilot (Ian Redshaw) won't be at Greenacres

Geoff

Thanks, Morgan. The way the weather's looking this week I may not get a chance for a few test flights of my Maher's Thunderbird anyway but I've checked it out at home so I'll hope for the best.

I haven't been to a fly-in since most people converted to 2.4gHz. Is there still a need for transmitter control? I don't think we bother at our Autumn scale fly-in at Ashbournne.

Geoff

We still have transmitter control for 35Mhz.

A 35Mhz user will be issued with his Tx and a channel numbered clothes peg to put on the aerial.
ONLY if he/she has this peg can he/she switch on his Tx.
After the flight, the Tx is brought back and left in the Tx tent, and the peg becomes available for someone else to use.

Of course these days, there are so few 35Mhz users that pegs tend to remain available for whenever you wish to fly. (Sometimes though we do have just a couple of 35Mhz users, and they turn up on identical channels. pure chance of course).

Of course all pilots must book their transmitters in, at the very least to have them stickered to prove they've paid for a days flying. 2.4Ghz transmitter then tend to stay booked out for the day.

We still have transmitter control for 35Mhz.

A 35Mhz user will be issued with his Tx and a channel numbered clothes peg to put on the aerial.
ONLY if he/she has this peg can he/she switch on his Tx.
After the flight, the Tx is brought back and left in the Tx tent, and the peg becomes available for someone else to use.

Of course these days, there are so few 35Mhz users that pegs tend to remain available for whenever you wish to fly. (Sometimes though we do have just a couple of 35Mhz users, and they turn up on identical channels. pure chance of course).

Of course all pilots must book their transmitters in, at the very least to have them stickered to prove they've paid for a days flying. 2.4Ghz transmitter then tend to stay booked out for the day.