Has anyone else noticed the site being extra slow?

Bob Cotsford

Advert

Its still being slow for me - but slightly better than it was!

As a more general point - as a mod I often have to test things on the site with different browsers - I can tell you that the site is always definitely slower in IE than it is in Firefox for example. So, if you find the site is often slow for you and you are using IE - you might like to consider a change of browser - at least when viewing this site. Just a suggestion based on experience.

Its not going to help at the moment though!

BEB

As an amateur web site builder I can assure you all its not you your computers at fault, any site that uses several animated graphics can`t be anything but slow................ likewise the claims by the providers claiming fastest broadband ever.....soon as you go onto the net, animated graphics everywhere it will be crawling and I can`t see it getting any better in the near future.

Just watch out for the conmen claiming to speed up your computer and giving them your details!!!

Regards

Bob

Been fine here, though I have had a problem with my computer being slow generally. Solved it by altering firewall settings to not allow explorer.exe (not internet explorer) from connecting to the internet. Rogue programs seem to like using windows explorer to link to t'net in the background bringing other stuff to a crawl. Everything fine since then. Might be worth a try Robin. I'm using internet explorer.

Ken - what does the ..ne.. stand for in your signature, I've never understood that bit?

Well, this has never been a particularly fast site, but it does seem to have slowed down in recent weeks, and especially the past couple of days. Earlier this evening it was slow, but not quite as slow as it has been. Now, at well after midnight when the traffic should be rather less than earlier, it's slower still!

Posted by GrahamWh on 19/11/2014 19:54:52:

Been fine here, though I have had a problem with my computer being slow generally. Solved it by altering firewall settings to not allow explorer.exe (not internet explorer) from connecting to the internet. Rogue programs seem to like using windows explorer to link to t'net in the background bringing other stuff to a crawl. Everything fine since then. Might be worth a try Robin. I'm using internet explorer.

Ken - what does the ..ne.. stand for in your signature, I've never understood that bit?

.................................................................................................................................................

hello graham...pretty much as my man Dave(BEB)has said......it does point to north east....and I started to put the various dept's on the end as a bit of fun/different.......

touch wood the forum is whizzing along today-young Asher's must have been cracking the Whip..

ken Anderson....ne.....1..... solve the mystery dept.

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 20/11/2014 14:16:27:

and there was me thinking it was a phonetic anyone (en-ee-won, N E 1)

Heh, I always guessed it meant that he would be living in Essex if London hadn't expanded so much. wink 2

As for the website, it seems nice and quick for me today.

Edited By Chuck Plains on 20/11/2014 14:30:11