Just Engines own brand engines are no more

Dai Fledermaus

You only have to look at the huge number of "vintage" glow engines for sale on the various internet auctions to see the reality. Modern technology means that the weight of petrol engines and their efficiency have improved, as has happened with electric motors. Couple that with cleanliness and ease of starting, it was bound to happen. That is without taking into consideration fuel costs.

There will always be a demand for i/c engines, but the number of new engine manufacturers is going to decline rapidly within the forseeable future. None of the big manufacturers have produced "new" glow engines for some time now and most seem more interested in very small petrol, or multi-cylinder petrol engines.

Don't forget. We all (us oldies) started out with rubber powered models and progressed onto i/c as that was all that was available at the time and price. Today it is different.

I think the mods might have to look at the thread title. Just Engines are still trading and providing a great service, so it is a little misleading.

kevinb

Just recently bought 5 glow engines (job lot) off e-bay for £19.00. 4 of them are excellent !

Edited By kevin b on 24/12/2014 14:23:48

Edited By kevin b on 24/12/2014 14:24:08

Dear forum's friends , from my perspective , Eastern Europe, there are various reasons for weaker interest in the i.c engines.Todays modelers who still used i. c engines, are mainly enthusiasts and age over 50 + .This is understandable because, the use of these engines, requires skill and practice.
Not so long ago when Mr.Tim Mackey suggested to me  a transition on leccy motors, I could not believe that I'll be very quick to accept the electro world in rc modeling.Du not want to be boring, because we all know, the advantages and disadvantages of existing drives .... I could say that the relationship between i.c. ,electrical, rubber and gas equipment is very complex ..... In fact, if I were rich ,I would use all these drives and enjoyed on the big ranch somewhere far ,with no administration and no ban ...face 1...So:

WITH ALL GOOD WISHES FOR CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR

Jo and Family

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 24/12/2014 16:57:25

Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 24/12/2014 16:54:14:

Dear forum's friends , from my perspective , Eastern Europe, there are various reasons for weaker interest in the i.c engines.Todays modelers who still used i. c engines, are mainly enthusiasts and age over 50 + .This is understandable because, the use of these engines, requires skill and practice.
Not so long ago when Mr.Tim Mackey suggested to me a transition on leccy motors, I could not believe that I'll be very quick to accept the electro world in rc modeling.Du not want to be boring, because we all know, the advantages and disadvantages of existing drives .... I could say that the relationship between i.c. ,electrical, rubber and gas equipment is very complex ..... In fact, if I were rich ,I would use all these drives and enjoyed on the big ranch somewhere far ,with no administration and no ban ...face 1...So:

WITH ALL GOOD WISHES FOR CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR

Jo and Family

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 24/12/2014 16:57:25

A great post Jo - as always! And all the very best to you and all your family and friends too! smile

BEB

Posted by Percy Verance on 24/12/2014 19:17:43:

Maybe Stevo. I'll be gone myself in 30 minutes or so because Skyfall, the latest Bond film is on ITV. I have seen it when it first appeared, but as it's the best Bond film yet (imho), I'm up for this repeat.........

No it isn't - it's a stinker, like all the last three films- give me Moonraker anyday!

Anyway, I've got some J'en engines, a 37 which screams on a SAS Star Jet. Starts first flick and reliable.

I appreciate that the Mods move in mysterious ways their wonders to perform, but as the chap who started this thread can I ask what was the point in changing the title from Jen Engines Are No More to Just Engines own brand engines are no more?

Was it done just because someone suggested it? It isn't as if the revised title adds anything to our understanding.

Posted by Dai Fledermaus on 24/12/2014 20:10:22:

I appreciate that the Mods move in mysterious ways their wonders to perform, but as the chap who started this thread can I ask what was the point in changing the title from Jen Engines Are No More to Just Engines own brand engines are no more?

Was it done just because someone suggested it? It isn't as if the revised title adds anything to our understanding.

Following at least three contributors saying they found the title confusing - I changed it in line with one of the suggestions.

No mystery - no wonders - nothing difficult for most people to understand I would have thought, just a mod trying to do their job and be helpful - but it seems that you simply can't please some people crook

BEB