Giant Shark - what's happening?

My order from 13th has shipped now too.
Even if GS had a hand in it I don't mind .. my work shop is fully stocked for way less that I could get it anywhere else.
Take the 7 ch frsky receivers .. ?7.02 from GS. .?20+ from anywhere else even China...and brushless motors from ?2 or less. I am happy to be used

Advert

Extension leads were shown as in stock so I ordered them on the 12th paying the extra for 1st class delivery. Today, the 15th, I got an email to say they've been despatched. What on earth is the point of offering 1st class postage (ie next day) if they don't even think about posting the items for 3 days?

I bet my HK Euro order made a day later gets here first!

My parcel arrived today too. It contained this and seems excellent value at under £20.

OK, it won't be the latest version - the QC certificate in the box is dated July 2012, but the canopy is GRP, not the flimsy plastic that I expected. Carbon frames, metal head, no instructions, but it shouldn't take too much working out. I had to go to HobbyKing to buy some servos and gyro for it as GS had none left when I ordered.

Now, if they ever get some FrSky X series receivers back in stock at the prices they're showing there'll be another order going in...

Posted by Ian Jones on 15/05/2015 23:30:47:
Hmm, wondering if one of the helis is worth a punt. I need a follow on from my mini pred before I go to a scale job.

It's well worth a punt, just checked mine and it has a shaft drive tail rotor rather than the more usual belt drive, it may well say that in the description but I did not read them all!

Was going to use this for the spares but have changed my mind, OK the canopy is not finished as in the picture and is a little rough but if that is a problem you can always get an Align Trex one which is almost the price of the whole kit!

Glad I was not the only one John! wink

I know the early clones the belt drive take off from the main gear was fairly awful I replaced these quickly for metal ones, will be interesting to see if the shaft drive makes any noticable difference, probably not but we will see.

Posted by John Privett on 15/05/2015 23:30:08:

My parcel arrived today too. It contained this and seems excellent value at under £20.

OK, it won't be the latest version - the QC certificate in the box is dated July 2012, but the canopy is GRP, not the flimsy plastic that I expected. Carbon frames, metal head, no instructions, but it shouldn't take too much working out. I had to go to HobbyKing to buy some servos and gyro for it as GS had none left when I ordered.

Now, if they ever get some FrSky X series receivers back in stock at the prices they're showing there'll be another order going in...

Ah looks like I cross posted with you John and with the comments others have made too that just about does it... thanks chaps.

Just received my parcel. Unfortunately they sent out solid covering film rather than the transparent, which I ordered and which now appears to be out of stock....face 5

I've emailed them to see what they propose to do, apart. that is, from perhaps seeking employment in something other than the retail business.....face 22

Pete

I received 2 packages on Saturday .. the first was all there although a prop had been substituted .. which was fine

The second just had a tube of UHU missing .. was shown as shipped but a note on the packing slip said "not in stock" .. so I have popped them an e-mail to ask about it.

Everything else was there and perfect and a really quick delivery in the end .. so very, very pleased .. should keep me going for bits and bobs and motors for a good while smiley

I got my last two orders on Saturday. Only to find that one of the items on the invoice had a cross next to it and no explanation. I had to ring in to find out that this item was not in stock (it was still showing as being in stock the following day after I put my order in!) The chap there could not offer me an explanation as I understand that the warehouse is in Peterborough and the order centre is in Kent.

I had to ask for a refund for this as it had not been done! Pretty poor service

These problems are most depressing, if anything destroys a brands image, it is customers making their dissatisfaction public.

Since changing from GC to GS the brand just seems to go down hill.

It seems that some one with some power, influence and authority needs putting in GS by Myhobbystore, if there is going to be anything left.

I just cannot adequately explain my sadness, in these events.