Giant Shark - what's happening?

Looking through the site last night....and thought some of the prices were lower than they were at the weekend there is not a lot available, but whatever is going on, those are not sustainable prices.

At the weekend I picked up 6 20kilo Metal gear digital servos for less than three quid each when others are looking for nearly twenty quid each [for the same servo] Needless to say the item is now out of stock. It looks like a fire sale to me.

Edited By GrahamC on 07/05/2015 08:04:14

Advert

Posted by Spice Cat on 07/05/2015 14:03:43:

Had a look myself and the Taranis Rx's are going at silly prices. However, they are shown as 'special order'. Whatever that means!!!!

I suspect it means they havn't got any, nor have they any plans to get them... Well at that price. My servos have arrived today and all is good.

Oh dear, that's the first time I've ever had an order listed as Pending, as I always meticulously only order items showing as In Stock, and I expect that next day delivery if ordered before 1pm. I tried to order some Frsky receivers on Monday but nothing was showing in stock so I decided to stock up on some other items, such as covering materials and it's stlll showing as "Pending" this evening.

In contrast, recognising that Frsky RXs might be in short supply following that failure to get any from GS, I ordered a bunch from T9 Hobbysport -my first order with them - on Tuesday night -and those all arrived today, excellent service.

I am hoping that GS are undertaking a revamping of their stocklist, and the sale is no more than a stock clearance.

I have hoped and continue to believe that the then new ownership had tremendous potential, having a synergy with th RCM&E, the whole being greater than the component parts.

To date this has not happened.

Along with others, I have placed an order for covering film.

I am now considering the purchase of a couple of items such as motors. I have been disappointed that items such as Frsky Fasst Rxs, 9g servos are out of stock along with a number of other staple items.

It is this aspect that has increased my concern that I may be a little optimistic with respect to the continued trading. Which has been emphasised by the non response by GS, to the suggestion from others.

The up interpretation is that both GC and then GS have historically had issues with respect to stock levels. To the extent that in recent times I had not bothered considering the site. Whereas in the days of GC it would always be my first port of call.

4x 300w outrunners, 2x 400w inrunners, 1x 3000w outrunner, 1x120amp opto esc, 3 lipos, covering film and a bucket load of those bits and bobs that I use during builds. All for the princely sum of £140 odd quid! That will keep me going for a while........ hope it turns up after convincing my wife that it was all a bargain. Maybe all this activity will make the owners of Giant Shark reconsider if it is going down the pan as this has certainly raised their profile.

Shame there are no servo's though.

Hope they have enough bubble wrap for it alllaugh

Cheers, Simon

Never liked them from GC days.

Ordered 4 packs of lipos and each pack had the wires soldered on the wrong terminals! only found out when connected to my esc.

When I rang to inform them you would of thought it was my fault,no customer service at all,never used or looked at site again

Posted by RC Plane Flyer on 08/05/2015 14:14:43:

Should I be concerned as MHS and Giant Shark are the same link

Not sure what you mean, saying they're "the same link"? dont know

My order placed on Wednesday evening is still showing as "Pending". Meanwhile the order for other bits and pieces placed a few minutes later with HK arrived today. Full marks to HK and Parcelforce for quick delivery that one - unlike my order from HK the previous Wednesday night where Parcelfarce "Express 24" delivery managed to waste over a day sending it on a tour of their depots before it arrived at the delivery depot just before midnight last Friday. It then spent the bank holiday weekend in the van at the depot and they tried to deliver it on Tuesday when nobody was in. I'll go and collect it from the Post Office tomorrow...

I think RC Flyer is talking about the fact that one of the links on the GS website is to 'my hobbystore'. Strange thing though - I've just had a couple of e-mails saying that two parts of my three are on the way. One e-mail was from '[email protected]' and the other was from '[email protected]' - despite all items being ordered from GS frown

Posted by Daithi O Buitigh on 08/05/2015 22:42:28:

I think RC Flyer is talking about the fact that one of the links on the GS website is to 'my hobbystore'. Strange thing though - I've just had a couple of e-mails saying that two parts of my three are on the way. One e-mail was from '[email protected]' and the other was from '[email protected]' - despite all items being ordered from GS frown

But why is any of that a surprise? Giant Shark are owned by MyHobby Store - and have been for several years now. From their (GS) 'about us' page;

Address

Giantshark is part of myhobbystore retail Ltd, Enterprise House, Enterprise Way, Edenbridge, Kent, TN8 6HF. Registered:England and Wales, Registered number:5649018, VAT Number:GB 150714045.

Edited By John Privett on 09/05/2015 00:08:29

Posted by Wiltshire Flyer on 08/05/2015 22:26:30:

Ordered a few rolls of covering and an exhaust extender about 1 ish today.

Had conformation mail about 30 mins later.

I got a confirmation email within a few seconds of placing my order shortly after midnight on Wednesday night/Thursday morning. My order status is still shown as "Pending" though.