When can you fly?

So.....for reasons I won't go into here our club flying hours have recently been further restricted to 3 times per week. We fly from farm land for which we pay rent to have a permanent mown strip plus equipment kept on site.

This made me think, how many of you have restrictions on flying times or can you fly any time you like?

Advert

I'm very lucky. Club1 has seven days a week flying from 1000 to sunset and night flying whenever you like thereafter. Club 2 has no flying on Mondays and Wednesdays. Thursday and Saturday afternoons flying to 1800 but pretty much all day up to sunset on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays. Night flying for an hour after sunset. A few no fly days here and there throughout the year for various reasons.

Amazed at what some other clubs have to work around - must be a pain.

Posted by John Privett on 06/06/2015 13:37:58:
Posted by cymaz on 06/06/2015 11:09:26:

Sunday flying is forbidden...don't annoy Chapel People

Really? Heck, that would reduce my flying by 50%. OK if you're retired I guess...

At the week end we are now restricted to Sunday 10 'till 1 only. The hard part is organizing the weather to cooperate.

We are lucky. 7 days a week and all day. Weather permitting, which over the last few months hasn't.

Anybody else fed-up with the constant wind we have had this year in the North ?

Off to LMS (Leeds Model Shop) for some retail therapy (will probably buy a kite).

Edited By kevin b on 06/06/2015 16:02:51

Posted by John Privett on 06/06/2015 13:37:58:
Posted by cymaz on 06/06/2015 11:09:26:

Sunday flying is forbidden...don't annoy Chapel People

Really? Heck, that would reduce my flying by 50%. OK if you're retired I guess...

I don't want to get hit around the head by an irate Presbyterian hitting me with a tambourine. Or the Sally Army for that matter!

Posted by kevin b on 06/06/2015 15:51:47:

We are lucky. 7 days a week and all day. Weather permitting, which over the last few months hasn't.

Anybody else fed-up with the constant wind we have had this year in the North ?

Off to LMS (Leeds Model Shop) for some retail therapy (will probably buy a kite).

Edited By kevin b on 06/06/2015 16:02:51

Yes Kevin.....me too. Another weekend and no flying!.Please let me know how much the kites are and i'll go and get one myself.

I'm in two clubs. One can fly 10am until dusk. The other is 9am till dusk for all aircraft and 24hrs,7 days for quiet electric.(...and that really does mean quiet. Park flyers,electric gliders etc....)

Andrew

Saturday 0900 -1900, Sunday 1200-1800, Wednesday 1200-1800, Electric after 1800-2000(?) Tho we are really a Saturday only club as most people do other things on Sunday which is shame......................So as we have had strong winds most weekends flying has been limited................... emigrate?

10:00-18:00 Sundays and 09:00-19:00 all other days for i.c. Electric is unrestricted - any daylight hours

We also have a second site that is a little more restrictive re i.c., but gliders/electric permitted any time

Posted by cymaz on 06/06/2015 16:43:40:

I don't want to get hit around the head by an irate Presbyterian hitting me with a tambourine. Or the Sally Army for that matter!

Maybe not! But I'd have hoped that "religious tolerance" would have worked both ways. People should be tolerant of other people's beliefs, but equally be tolerant of others' lack of beliefs... But that's getting a bit off topic!

• 1 month later...