Wren Engines go into Liquidation

Andy Green

I am sorry as I don't mean the build quality of the product as I am sure is superb. It is just the morality of setting up a Phoenix company and John Wright saying that the creditors had lost considerable amounts of money. I understand that it's a very small market and too many companys are fighting for their custom. I know it's a cruel world but I also would love to have a go at jets one day. Is Wren one of the best quality jets available?

I have been on the receiving end of several CVA's over the last few years (and it has hurt) . Not nice but that's business. (Rich, I'm sure that you in your occupation will have seen a few of these!) Most of the companies that I dealt with were due to a variety of reasons forced into this position .

As a past customer of Wren Turbines Ltd . I would support the new company with my business and wish them a more hopeful future.

Found this posted 2 hours ago,

MIKE & LEONIE MURPHY OF WREN TURBINES LTD ADVISE THAT THEIR WEBSITE, FACEBOOK PAGE, E.MAIL SYSTEM & PHONES HAVE BEEN COMPREHENSIVELY HACKED.

PLEASE SEND YOUR URGENT MESSAGES TO THIS SITE (Facebook)UNTIL OUR NEW WEB SITE & E.MAIL SYSTEM IS ESTABLISHED. BUSINESS IS CONTINUING AS USUAL.

WATCH THIS PAGE FOR REGULAR UPDATES

THANK YOU.

Edited By stevejet66 on 24/08/2015 18:40:09

Martin,

A lot of small businesses (actually, large ones too) use VOIP (Voice over IP - think voice over the internet) for their phone systems these days. You can rent a regional number from Skype or any number of other similar services and have it diverted to any land line, or PC (running Skype) you like.

To hack such a system would simply require the username and password for the account with such a service. So it is entirely possible to hack an account and divert the phone to any number you wish.

I've no evidence to suggest this is what has happened, or that the comments about the hack above are true or not, I just wanted to explain how it can happen! Wouldn't have happened in the days of a strowger, I can tell you

r

Posted by Martin McIntosh on 24/08/2015 21:07:18:

Nothing whatsoever to do with the thread and will be meaningless to most, but I can still hear those pre-2000 switches, unis and directors clacking away. Things were so simple in those days.

Wi' regular full board holidays at Stone. smile d

Posted by Tomtom39 on 24/08/2015 12:15:23:

I have been on the receiving end of several CVA's over the last few years (and it has hurt) . Not nice but that's business. (Rich, I'm sure that you in your occupation will have seen a few of these!) Most of the companies that I dealt with were due to a variety of reasons forced into this position .

As a past customer of Wren Turbines Ltd . I would support the new company with my business and wish them a more hopeful future.

Agreed, but in too many cases it is not business failure as such, but poor financial management and in a lot of cases, greed (I have first hand experience) - a lot of the big corporate failures would come under that banner.

We recently got stung by one such business, we took them to court and won. They are still trading under their old (trading as) name, and we received not one penny of our money - they are involved in entertainment and have no assets as such.. It infuriates me.

I have no idea what Wren's circumstances are and I do not want to speculate. I hope that the situation is remedied to the benefit of the company, its creditors, and customers.

Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 29/08/2015 21:27:16:

I can't help but think, that offering to honour warrantee claims from the previous company, could easily lead to financial disaster.

I don't think it was the quality of the product that caused their demise. Most likely financial problems. It is very easy for small companies to get into financial embarrassment. Particularly in the retail market in the current financial climate.

Posted by Rich2 on 31/08/2015 14:11:51:

Its very odd that there still isn't any confirmation/explanation from them - it does not help the situation.

??

Doesnt it say on the new website they will honour and deal with all service enquiries relating to wren motors?