ww2 flypast

Tony Bennett

Advert

Its on channel 4 @ 20:00 tonight.

As its my birthday today its a nice little birthday treat. Back when I was a toddler (that would be in the early 50's) living in SE London there was a flypast over London every September 15.

Edited By GONZO on 15/09/2015 09:18:25

I sat on the white cliffs above dover from 12.30.

Innumerable supermarine seagulls quite a few hawker woodpigeons and half a dozen bristol magpies but then at 15.14, 2 spits and a hurri, followed a minute or so later by three spits, one of which did a few victory rolls over the port of dover.

Nice spectacle.

Edited By Braddock, VC on 15/09/2015 15:46:25

Posted by Shaun Waters on 15/09/2015 10:14:02:

Apparently Prince Harry is in the back seat of the Spitfire I flew in last month.

The atmosphere down at Goodwood today must be incredible, wish I could be there.

I'm going for another flight on May 4th. next year so I hope he doesn't damage it !

I heard that one of the Spitfires had mechanical trouble, so Harry gave up his seat to one of the veterans...

Good old Harry yes

Posted by cymaz on 15/09/2015 17:29:49:
Posted by Shaun Waters on 15/09/2015 10:14:02:

Apparently Prince Harry is in the back seat of the Spitfire I flew in last month.

The atmosphere down at Goodwood today must be incredible, wish I could be there.

I'm going for another flight on May 4th. next year so I hope he doesn't damage it !

I heard that one of the Spitfires had mechanical trouble, so Harry gave up his seat to one of the veterans...

Good old Harry yes

Yes. Well done Harry.

Kev

O'Leary is rubbish on that stargazing live show as well. Just shut up and let Brian Cox do it!

Anyway, regardless of coverage the 7 hurricanes up together must be some sort of record. Good to see Hurricane numbers on the rise.

I do wonder slightly why the two airworthy gladiators were not involved as they did see some action in BoB.

In any event, a good show for all who saw it. Sadly I didn't as I was at work

I was there too, and what a brilliant spectacle it was. Sadly Channel 4's Dermot O'Leary show at 8pm this evening really didn't do it justice.

We were really lucky with the weather, though it did delay the start by a couple of hours. A very damp and dismal morning gave way to blue skies in the afternoon, and on the way home afterwards a couple of spots of rain fell.