Greenacres 2016 Fly-ins

Martyn,

One of the most asked questions...

There are many factors to consider when picking these dates. Not clashing with local events (Greenacres fly off a council owned, public park), not clashing with big / popular model shows such as Weston Park etc, members availability etc etc...

Sadly, we will not have a date for this event until we have discussed the exact timing with the committee and membership at our January Clubnight on the 27th of January 2016.

The Greenacres Fun Fly dates will be announced hopefully the following day....

Will be sure to post on this forum, the BMFA Events Calendar, our own website here: **LINK**

Thanks for your interest...

Edited By Jim Mchugh on 04/01/2016 14:50:03

Edited By Jim Mchugh on 04/01/2016 15:13:17

One further point...

The Greenacres club actually puts on three (3) open public shows each year, as part of the arrangement with the council who own the park.

They are all completely free entry, free camping (donations welcomes) and we only charge a nominal £5 pilots fee.

They are basically 3 of the RCM&E / GMAC Shows that many of you are already familiar with.

Just letting you all know that you are welcome to attend any of our shows...

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
Posted by Martyn K on 04/01/2016 13:44:12:

Its getting time to book my holidays.

Do we have a date for this yet?

Martyn

The committee meeting is tomorrow(27th), according to the website. Hopefully dates will be published very soon after that.

I'm as keen as you are to know the dates, to get holiday booked!

As promised, followings last nights clubnight and committee meeting, I give to you the date for the Greenacres Model Aero Club Show Dates 2016...

• Greenacres May Fly in: 21st & 22nd May 2016
  • Greenacres July Fly In: 9th & 10th July 2016
  • Greenacres August Fly in: 13th & 14th August 2016

Full Greenacres Club Calendar can be found here: **LINK**

Same dates shown in context of other popular Midlands model shows: **LINK**

We can all go and book our holidays now...!

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 28/01/2016 13:28:14

@Lindsay: Sadly we cannot make it August.

We are compelled to put on 3 shows in the year.

June is very busy for shows and events at other clubs and locations such as Weston and Cosford etc.

The council put the football goalposts back in place in late August (right in middle of show strip), so we would not be able to host the 2nd and 3rd GMAC shows both in August.

Hope that makes sense...?!

@Geoff Sleath: Good question?!

I have kind of "inherited" that naming convention.

The July (middle) show has been the largest event, with let's say a tiny amount more structure and formally to it.

None of the shows at GMAC are really formal, strict, competitive or structured. We do not run a strict slot system, unless we have (for example) a pair of jets, or (let's say) a particularly large or impressive scale aircraft.

Pilots, pairs, or teams, can request a dedicated slot and we will try our best to accommodate them...

Hope that helps...?!

As some Forumites have noticed, our Greenacres Show in July this year is currently titled simply "Greenacres July Fly In".

Just to reassure you all that nothing has fundamentally changed with the GMAC shows this year, and the events will all go ahead as they have in the previous years.

Rest assured that we will have the same mix of people, planes and atmosphere as always, so please make dates in your diaries to enjoy a few weekends of fun, relaxed flying with lashings of Black Country hospitality!

Fellow Forumites, Mass Build madness, Autogyros, RadJets, cameras, Scale, Sports, Pattern, large scale, small scale, you name it... it'll be there...

Hope to see you all there...

I think we should stick with tradition and go for the July event. May is too soon - some will still be building and I cant do August.

While on the subject of MB is anyone up for a MB Grand Grand reunion - bring along your Webbits (2011), Vintage (2012), Tucanos (2013), Mixed Bag (2014), STOLs and Atoms etc (2015) as well as the Ballerinas (2016))? Would be interesting to see what has survived and what state they are in. I have still got all mine except my Vintage creations..

Martyn

Edited By Martyn K on 29/01/2016 09:10:47

If it makes any difference to anyone...

If fears of having to use the Council public toilets on the park are keeping you from committing to GMAC Shows, then fear not!

Portaloos will be provided at each of the three shows. Properly serviced and smelling nice...

Campers will still need to use the Council facilities to fill up water tanks...

Hope that helps!

Edited By Jim Mchugh on 01/02/2016 08:45:34